🥇 BANNER A GREAT DAY WITH MY SON AND A LITTLE GOLD!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we have had months and months of rain out our way and most places are wet and muddy! :BangHead:

Today, we had a beautiful day with 60 degree weather. The doggies have been inside as have we so it was time to get out and do some swinging. We hit one of our favorite sites just to get out. Started out just walking the old ghost town when the son said he wanted to try digging out some of the old Depot area of the tracks. The depot was built next to the old NCO rail line in 1891.

Not wanting to dig, I walked around while he dug and dug and dug. Feeling bad I decided to walk next to him and see how he was doing. He had found an old metal box buried in the middle of where the old platform sat around the depot. He found a coin in the dirt and so I thought I had better dig out some of the wall areas as well.

With our dogs helping dig and after moving some good size rocks that had been part of the foundation; I get a repeatable signal. Dig out a little more and there she was. I run off yelling like a little school girl as my son picks up the gold disk and calls me every name in the book. Turned out to a nice looking (except for the rust and crust) 1886-S $5 gold piece. (After hitting this place for over ten years, there's always something left:laughing7:)

After having a couple of beers and sitting in the dirt. I help the son dig out and scan his piles of dirt for him. He dug out an old 5 cent trade token in good shape. Not feeling to bad for him since he did find a 1915-S Barber Half the other day here lying on the ground in the old barn in the same area.

Anyway......finally out and about again so this was a nice start to the year!!!!

amedee d1.jpg digging in the old depot area

amedeed2.jpg my helpers!

amedeed3.jpg

amedeed4.jpg

amedeed5.jpg

amedeed6.jpg

amedeed7.jpg

Upvote 113

cajamk

Jan 5, 2017
Northern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the sweet find! I know that is very high on my bucket list!!!

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a great day indeed..

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a Awesome day and the Banner it deserves!!

DieterD

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garretts250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah man the gold coin is a dream. Schon!

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
a 1/2 eagle is a goal of mine! Congratulations!

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find, Still on my bucket list
congratulations

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread