A little about me.. 30 min video

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I know that this waaaaaaay off topic for this forum but I just wanted to share this video. The man in the yellow shirt is me in this video, my name is Ray Hull and this is the kind of work I use to do for 21 years before falling 260 feet....YES I said FEET, on 11-25-03 and lived to tell about it. Just remember every thing comes at a price. This a PBS Front Line video " Cell Tower Deaths". follow the link Cell Tower Deaths | FRONTLINE | PBS

Thanks and God Bless
I know he has blessed me!!

OKIE

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
A very compelling story, someone with that kind of angel on their shoulder is bound to find tons of gold... Continued health and prosperity to you and yours.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okie, I will save the video for a time when my mind "is right" for it. I should have died many times, in a conflict, a long time ago. Others have died next to me because I opened up and drew (the enemy's) fire. Everyday since Vietnam has been EXTRA for me and I thank THE MAN everyday for it. I'm sure your video will also proove God is alive! Tnx. TTC

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Her's another link to the video. I'm glad your still with us Ray, hell of a story guys. Big corporate money grabbers could give a rats arse about how hard they drive the worker bees. It's ok to make the customer wait, your personal safety is in your hands alone. Your not a machine, you have limits!Video: Cell Tower Deaths | Watch FRONTLINE Online | PBS Video

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, In the late 70's and early 80's I worked for a co. that constructed and maintained water cooling towers, mainly for the steel and oil refinery industries in NW IN. Most at the time were 4'x8' post and beam type wood construction from the ground up. Build a layer of 4' x8' connecting cells as wide and long as required then move up 8' and build the next, till you got to however tall the tower was to be. Some ranged to several hundred feet. There was little if anything to tie off to while building one of these, and scheduled completion deadlines to meet regardless of weather or other safety issues. During the 6 years I worked at this we were lucky, no fatal accidents in our area, but lives were lost across the nation in this industry as well. You are here for a reason and if you havn't found it yet "I know you will".

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your service Terry. Semper Fi
Bigwill, since this is not my thread, I will keep it short. You are thank you number 40 since Vietnam. Tnx, buddy. TTC

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I am honored to be the 41 st to thank you for your service... THANK YOU!!! :award_star_gold_1: :notworthy:!!! My dad was there for 3 tours... he was 3rd Marine 3rd Battalion Recon... he passed away 12/28/07. Adapt and over come! Kill em all, let God sort em out, Semper Fi Marine !!!

God Bless
OKIE

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I am honored to be the 41 st to thank you for your service... THANK YOU!!! :award_star_gold_1: :notworthy:!!! My dad was there for 3 tours... he was 3rd Marine 3rd Battalion Recon... he passed away 12/28/07. Adapt and over come! Kill em all, let God sort em out, Semper Fi Marine !!!

God Bless
OKIE

DONE, number 41! Now, retreat is not in my vocabulary. Let's "advance to the rear.... til another day!" 1st MAR DIV Hqs co Security (phu Bai) and CAP 113 (Tam Ky) end of first and into second tour. Tnx, my friend. Terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm, my dad was the Marine, not me! I have NO idea what you just said...LOL

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ummm, my dad was the Marine, not me! I have NO idea what you just said...LOL
Here is a decryption, partner... 1st Marine Division Headquarters Company Security, Phu Bai, Vietnam. Combined Action Platoon 113 ( a CAP outfit is the Marine Corps' version of special forces but without the huge amount of training. We lived in the villages....it was our job to get our a** kicked so the city knew when they were coming. I pooped on an american type "john" 3 times the last ten month "in country". The day before... then the day after R&R, and on my birthday (got to go to the rear area to get drunk). The rest of the time, in the rice paddies... like a local! Take care. TTC

Bigwill

Dec 21, 2011
Washington Co. Al
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, I was with the 1st MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) during Desert Shield/Storm. 7 months in the sand but nothing compared to what you Marines went thru during Vietnam.
Semper Fi Marine

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I was with the 1st MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) during Desert Shield/Storm. 7 months in the sand but nothing compared to what you Marines went thru during Vietnam.
Semper Fi Marine
Every man's hell is different. Impossible to put into words. Tnx, Big. OORAH! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread