What's new

A little Friday craigslist humor for you all

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
1,496
Golden Thread
1
Location
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes I browse Craigslist for people selling used detectors.

Every now and then I find listings for people asking for land to hunt on. This one just cracks me up:

I just got a metal detector a few months ago and really want to learn how to use it more. Its illegal to metal detect on Federal, State, or County land..... If you have a house the was built pre 1960's, or some land that has some history and would let me search it, we could share what I find before it rots and disintegrates into the Earth.


"before it rots and disintegrates into the Earth" - That just slays me!!

haha

Carry on!

GL & HH
Brad
 
lol...Thats greatness.....Whats funny is I acutally thought of posting somethign similair to gain permission...But my luck it will be out in the woods where theres no cell phone service..and the thoughts of the movie Delverance running thru my head
 
lol...Thats greatness.....Whats funny is I acutally thought of posting somethign similair to gain permission...But my luck it will be out in the woods where theres no cell phone service..and the thoughts of the movie Delverance running thru my head

I did it years ago. Got on a 1930's house in Ft. Worth. Found some interesting belt buckles and some wheaties. Word of mouth / friends / colleagues are always the best bet for private property permission. (PPP) :)
 
ha

....Its illegal to metal detect on Federal, State, or County land.....

haha, that's funny that he's under that belief. If that were true, then gee, I'm guessing just about everyone on this forum, who detects anywhere on public land, is somehow doing something illegal? And the sad part is though, that newbies like that will float this nonsense, that other newbies see and read. Then those skittish newbies go to "clarify" this information , and sure enough, net themselves a "no", which seems to perpetuate the statement. Ie.: the no one cared till you asked routine.
 
Good angle Tom. You're so right. Give a rent-a-cop an opportunity to say no, and he will.
 
We can thank these awful tv shows for clowns like that owning detectors. He's probably out there digging with a big spade shovel too. Lol
 
We can thank these awful tv shows for clowns like that owning detectors. He's probably out there digging with a big spade shovel too. Lol

TRUTH! They are awful. Old news. Go caps!!!
 
Hey guys...can I play Devils Advocate? Perhaps he is an experienced MD'er, and is playing on the public that might believe stuff will rot and go away. It seems to me that "this so crazy, it might just work"....
 
Hey, whatever gets you to the gold guys...
 
Why wouldn't he just go up to the house he wants to search and ask? Newbie may not have the confidence to ask. Just odd to think John Q. Public would beat a path to his door so he can find all the goodies to share. Hope they can divide the pop tops and can slaw evenly!
 
hey Jack, I've found a lot of rusty gold
 
Sounds like a great approach. We need every tool at our disposal to promote our own success and a good public perception of what we do. Bravo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom