What's new

🥇 BANNER A Little Gold Coin From France Found In The Canadian Wilderness

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
1,689
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
1
Location
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I haven't posted any of my finds here in awhile and I hope that everyone enjoys seeing this one. I love to hunt Native Artifacts and older Relics out in the bush and came across this coin beside a portage that has been used for years and years. I don't get too many signals while bush whacking so I dig everything that goes beep. This coin was a few inches under some mud and rocks on the edge of the river. I can't believe that I actually found this while looking for Artifacts, found a nice little stone knife for my troubles that day as well. This is probably my first and last gold coin that I will ever find but will be returning to pound the heck out of that site again this Fall or early Spring. Maybe the person who lost this years ago had more in his pockets that day? This is by far the oldest coin that I have ever found and was shaking for hours after digging it. Thanks for looking and good luck to all of you in your future hunts. :headbang:
IMG_0002.webpIMG_0003.webp
 
Maybe the reason I never find gold coins is because I never hunt in the wilderness?!?! :4leafclover::angel10:
 
I'll be dawggone !.webp


last few days there have been many great coins popping up :thumbsup:
 
Silver looks great in the dirt so can't imagine the view you had with that one!
 
WOW! Viva la Gold!
 
Awesome coin Bb , congrats on a very desirable find .. cheers Mick
 
Thanks for the Banner votes everyone....
 
Last edited:
Stellar! ! :))

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4
 
Fantastic coin! Congratulations!

Steve
 
How come this isn't on top? :icon_scratch:
Finding a gold coin in Canada is extremely rare.
Finding it out in the wilderness is even more rare.
BANNER!!!!
 
I agree with Muddy.....what are the odds of finding an old gold coin in the wilderness? Very well done!
 
Yes, this is a very nice French coin. French gold coins are much harder to find in North America then Spanish and British so this one really deservers to have a spot on the top, but just like in American Idol...you have to vote.
ZDD
 
Expect the unexpected? :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the Banner Mate! It took long to go on top... French gold in Canada is really a rare find! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the banner. I hope to find a gold coin some day!
 
Congrats!

Beautiful coin and amazing recovery...You Done Good!:hello2::hello2::hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom