A place to dive and look in florida

advancedplum

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone im new to the site so please excuse me for not understanding this forum yet. Im going to be certified as a diver in in a couple weeks and maybe in the future i would like to go to florida and do some diveing with a metal detector i do understand that alot of areas there are leased and a person cant go in those waters with a detector.But i was wondering if there were places like between the leased ares that a person could do this any help would be great . i also know that a person can pay people to take them out as well but im just looking to do this for a family fun day and maybe get lucky and find a coin that wont cost a arm and leg. We are also wanting to do some reef diveing as well as metal detecting thanks for any help Larry E

Upvote 0

hunterray2002

Jan 15, 2011
Pa. Fl.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Whites, Detectorpro, Fisher, Garrett.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes there are. I do know that you can also dive with some crews that for a small fee will let you take out a boat and you get a salvors tag. Not what I'd be into. lol ,Give Gary Drayton a shout on facebook . He can help.

OP
OP
A

advancedplum

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i sent him a message on facebook maybe he will get back with me thank you will take all the advice i can get

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok i sent him a message on facebook maybe he will get back with me thank you will take all the advice i can get

hey, let us know how you get on?
I'd like to try that when I head up there (but I don't do Facebook!!)

OP
OP
A

advancedplum

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i added him as a freind but i havent been able to talk with him yet im going over to the ship wreck section and post there maybe i will get some info there

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i added him as a freind but i havent been able to talk with him yet im going over to the ship wreck section and post there maybe i will get some info there

cool!
let me know what happens, even with a PM?

I's sure like to try this!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You can purchase a sub-contract from Sean Fisher (Mel Fisher's son) to dive on the Atocha Treasure Trail! Whatever you locate and bring up, you split 50/50 with them.

Frank

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can purchase a sub-contract from Sean Fisher (Mel Fisher's son) to dive on the Atocha Treasure Trail! Whatever you locate and bring up, you split 50/50 with them.

Frank

But that's $2000 yes?

does that fee cover any number of divers on the boat, OR is per person?
is there someone on the boat with you to see what you find or is it down to good old fashion honesty in declaring stuff?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
But that's $2000 yes?

does that fee cover any number of divers on the boat, OR is per person?
is there someone on the boat with you to see what you find or is it down to good old fashion honesty in declaring stuff?

Corrected:

Yes, it is $2,000 to get a sub-contract!

You will probably have to call Sean to find that information out! However, I would imagine that if you are working as a salvage team as a business, then everyone is covered under the one contract but if not a business, he will probably charge each and every person that will be diving. Sean has been at this stuff for a long time, so I would imagine someone will be placed on your' boat or be on a boat tied off to your's to check everything coming up from the bottom.

If you decide to go for it, just try to make sure that the Salvage Company onsite is not calling the shots.

Frank

Last edited:

J.O.A.T

Feb 23, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Larry it depends where you are going. I have spent a lot of times diving in the keys. If you say the area you are going people might be able to point you in the right direction

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing to do in florida is just dive anyplace and see what happens. Your chance of finding silver bars is slim, but you can find plenty of other interesting things related to florida's history.

Try the reefs off Elliot Key, Sand Key, Key Biscayne. Also inside Biscayne Bay in the shallows near to miami. The water is not as clear but you can still dive it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread