A SERIOUS question for those that KNOW or think they KNOW

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today i was watching the history channel about VERY EARLY Stone works. They are talking THOUSANDS of years ago with no HEAVY equipment . They built many stone works with a lot of stones weighing over 200 TONS perfectly cut STRAIGHT EDGES ! PREFECT FITS . South America, Africa , Europe just to name a few places. How do you think they did it ?I find it TOTALLY AMAZING 11! What is YOUR OPINION ?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's all about flexible formwork, and naturally-occuring cements. Formwork of woven, or leather forms. Pack the grout and cement in, and it conforms to the shape under it, perfectly. Enough people working, you could do enormous "stones". A few thousand years go by, and you'd assume it was solid rock. There are still Roman concrete structures existing. It's the most logical explanation I've seen.
Jim

Reulte

Jun 26, 2013
Currently Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation didn't come into effect until the mid 1600's. LOL.

When most archaeologist say 'I don't know', they are usually referring to details. The overall picture is lots of time and universal effort from lots of people.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2006 the Western Wall Heritage Foundation estimated it at 517 tonnes (1,139,468lbs US). That's a tad smaller. ;-) But still a big ar$e rock.
Your right 😆, thanks for the clarification on that. Still wouldn’t want to be in charge of moving that thing around without some serious hydraulics.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I like to putter around on the old NY Erie Canal and some of the stonework from the 1820's boggles the mind. These aren't giant blocks . . . but the craftsmanship is mind boggling.

56gvhhnq3zox.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation didn't come into effect until the mid 1600's. LOL.

When most archaeologist say 'I don't know', they are usually referring to details. The overall picture is lots of time and universal effort from lots of people.
Newton's Law is only an ATTEMPT to explain what has been in existence since the "big bang". That makes it only a THEORY, albeit a pretty good explanation.... for now. ╦╦C

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Gravity" is a scientific law. As in - the Law of Universal Gravitation. A scientific law is a statement that tells you what something will do. A scientific theory is an explanation of how things happen. Fine distinction. There are three Laws of Thermodynamics that are beyond theories.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is (was) a single piece of stone in Aswan, Egypt that workers were fashioning into an obelisk. The natural flaws in the rock cracked and they abandoned it. Estimated weight is 2,400,000 pounds. Would have been the largest freestanding monolithic monument known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Obelisk2.jpg

Hand tools (no iron). Just a LOT of manual effort and knowing how to work the natural grain of the rock. Make little holes along the proper feature and drive wedges in to split along nice, flat planes. Then use small rocks to polish surfaces flat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfinished_obelisk#/media/File:Obelisk-Quarry-detail.jpg

In modern times - if you want to see what a LOT of people can do without machinery look up the Chinese Nationals making airstrips for the American Volunteer Group (i.e. "Flying Tigers") around 1939. Hammers and buckets to make gravel from stone to fill and grade runways. All just human labor.
That,s true about the Chinese Charlie P. They did that in Burma too,for the OSS.

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient, forgotten human technology - but more likely ALIENS !

If you guy's are interested in this subject you should read about or watch the documentaries on the
"Coral Castle" that one man built by himself in Florida almost 100 years ago.
The older I grow, the more I believe that we had help from others that are not from this earth. Alien visitors...man did not have the smarts to build the pyramids thousands of years ago so precise and inline with certain stars. Our technology here really took off after 1950...after Roswell.Just my opinion.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The older I grow, the more I believe that we had help from others that are not from this earth. Alien visitors...man did not have the smarts to build the pyramids thousands of years ago so precise and inline with certain stars. Our technology here really took off after 1950...after Roswell.Just my opinion.
The Russians were the scientists. The Arabs were the Astrologists (stars). The Egyptians were the builders. The Arabs had street lights before they had lights in London. There is evidence that certain cultures (Stonehenge builders , for one) were building stone structures before the Egyptians. There is work going on that is rewriting ancient history as we speak(write). Western cultures, namely England, et al, were way behind the curve. ╦╦C

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is SO MUCH that is unanswered I do not think we will EVEr really KNOW. But i think what has been done its REALLY AMAZING !!

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Peoples that lived 200, 2000, or 20,000 years ago had a huge advantage over you and I and pretty much everyone that we have known our whole lives. They had a huge advantage in understanding truth, facts, logic, reason, reality, sanity, science, nature, natural selection and God etc., all the truly important things in life.

Their advantage is that they all woke up every day (and when I say “all and every”, I mean pretty much without exception), surrounded by the real 3 dimensional, 4 dimensional, multi-dimensional real world, and nothing but the real world. They went about their days providing for their own food, shelter, personal care, transportation, communication, frustration, menstruation, procreation etc., all the necessities and sustenance of homo sapient life, the way that homo sapiens of all different skin colors, all different races and nationalities, in every far flung and distant corner of this beautiful relatively round Earth have been able to do, throughout not only every period of recorded history, but also throughout every single period of unrecorded pre-history, with the notable and obvious exception of when homo sapiens have literally devolved into cultures and cults.

We on the other hand have all been surrounded by, submerged under, and fully indoctrinated into the pretend, imaginary, make believe, pretty much always flat and relatively 2 dimensional world, from the day we were first raised from our cradles, to the day we are finally lowered into our graves.

I am speaking about the two dimensional world that constantly comes at us in the form of flat glossy pages of magazines (Time, Newsweek, People, Sports Illustrated, National Geographic, Popular Science, Cosmo & Vogue to name but a few). The two dimensional pages of silly romance novels or “science” fiction tomes (Oohh Steven King’s pretend imaginary make believe 2 dimensional false, fake, fictional, phallic, fairy tale fantasies, they be so scary to the adolescent mind, Ohh so scary, Ohh so scary, Oohhhh, Oohhh!!!)

I am speaking about the two dimensional pages of the comic strips, New York Times, National Enquire, Washington Post, or whatever the name of your local rag may be. I am speaking about the two dimensional flat screens of televisions, laptops, tablets, and all those little hand held computer phones. You know, the ones that that have helped literally devolve the current generations to the point that they are no longer even fully functioning homo sapiens. No longer even capable of individually or in small family groups providing for their own food, shelter, personal care, transportation, communication, frustration, procreation etc. The way that fully functioning homo sapiens are capable of in nature. Because in the real multidimensional world we are advanced primates, bipedal hominids, simian apes, home sapiens, and we are not meant to live the insect mentality, like ants in a colony or bees in a hive.

I am also speaking about the Old Testament of our current pop culture cult, which of course are the Movies, the Holy Cinema, the larger than life two dimensional Big Screen, where the pop culture cult Gods preach, teach, and profess their total lack of morals, values and ethics upon the gullible masses who worship, idolize, and celebrate them as celebrities.

Archaeologists two thousand years from now will excavate the foundational ruins of our pop culture homes, and the anthropologist of that time will rightly proclaim our peoples to be largely primitive religious nut cases. The heart and center of every home foundation will be determined to be the worship room, what we call the living room or den. One end of the room will have reserved the dedicated space for the alter of worship, which we call the entertainment center, upon this alter is mounted the 2 dimensional God of television, from which everyone studies and learns their morals, values and ethics. Carefully and strategically placed upon the alter are their Holywood script(ure)s, (such as the 4 DVD box set of the 1970’s sitcom “Soap”, the Breaking Bad series, Star Trek Next Generation, etc. etc. etc).

We will be rightly proclaimed to have routinely and religiously surrendered our ticket tithes to enter the stadium congregations, where we watch grown men and women dressed in costumes and uniforms depicting mythical creatures, or wild animals of the jungles and forests (Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my!) Grown men and women who bounce toy balls and throw them in toy baskets, kick toy balls into toy nets and through toy goal posts, hit toy balls with toy bats, catch toy balls in toy gloves and run around toy bases, counting their toy points, runs, and scores on large toy scoreboards, with flashing lights, fireworks and video ! (Oh Mommy & Daddy Please, I will clean my plate and make my bed, just let me be a Junior Red Sock, oh Mommy & Daddy Please!)

We are all probably familiar with the terms and concepts of the stone age, copper age, bronze age, iron age, Biblical age, dark, ages, middle ages etc. but how many in your circle of associates are willing to consider or talk about the current “Fantasy Age” we live in ? We are not living in the Information age, we are living in the disinformation age._

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ancient cultures looked to all-powerful SPIRITUAL BEINGS for their survival. It worked very well for them. Today's cultures look to POLITICAL BEINGS, who THINK they are all-powerful. When we completely replace the spiritual with the political, we are DOOMED. ╦╦C

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many if not all of the giant megalithic structures we are discussing were probably built for religious reasons. Eons ago religion & politics were pretty much one and the same. Later when they became distinct from one another religion still wielded enormous power over kings, emperors and such. I know if a church told me I had to lug 300 ton blocks of stone up a mountain I would find a new church quick! The poor slobs back then I assume had little say in the matter.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peoples that lived 200, 2000, or 20,000 years ago had a huge advantage over you and I and pretty much everyone that we have known our whole lives. They had a huge advantage in understanding truth, facts, logic, reason, reality, sanity, science, nature, natural selection and God etc., all the truly important things in life.

Their advantage is that they all woke up every day (and when I say “all and every”, I mean pretty much without exception), surrounded by the real 3 dimensional, 4 dimensional, multi-dimensional real world, and nothing but the real world. They went about their days providing for their own food, shelter, personal care, transportation, communication, frustration, menstruation, procreation etc., all the necessities and sustenance of homo sapient life, the way that homo sapiens of all different skin colors, all different races and nationalities, in every far flung and distant corner of this beautiful relatively round Earth have been able to do, throughout not only every period of recorded history, but also throughout every single period of unrecorded pre-history, with the notable and obvious exception of when homo sapiens have literally devolved into cultures and cults.

We on the other hand have all been surrounded by, submerged under, and fully indoctrinated into the pretend, imaginary, make believe, pretty much always flat and relatively 2 dimensional world, from the day we were first raised from our cradles, to the day we are finally lowered into our graves.

I am speaking about the two dimensional world that constantly comes at us in the form of flat glossy pages of magazines (Time, Newsweek, People, Sports Illustrated, National Geographic, Popular Science, Cosmo & Vogue to name but a few). The two dimensional pages of silly romance novels or “science” fiction tomes (Oohh Steven King’s pretend imaginary make believe 2 dimensional false, fake, fictional, phallic, fairy tale fantasies, they be so scary to the adolescent mind, Ohh so scary, Ohh so scary, Oohhhh, Oohhh!!!)

I am speaking about the two dimensional pages of the comic strips, New York Times, National Enquire, Washington Post, or whatever the name of your local rag may be. I am speaking about the two dimensional flat screens of televisions, laptops, tablets, and all those little hand held computer phones. You know, the ones that that have helped literally devolve the current generations to the point that they are no longer even fully functioning homo sapiens. No longer even capable of individually or in small family groups providing for their own food, shelter, personal care, transportation, communication, frustration, procreation etc. The way that fully functioning homo sapiens are capable of in nature. Because in the real multidimensional world we are advanced primates, bipedal hominids, simian apes, home sapiens, and we are not meant to live the insect mentality, like ants in a colony or bees in a hive.

I am also speaking about the Old Testament of our current pop culture cult, which of course are the Movies, the Holy Cinema, the larger than life two dimensional Big Screen, where the pop culture cult Gods preach, teach, and profess their total lack of morals, values and ethics upon the gullible masses who worship, idolize, and celebrate them as celebrities.

Archaeologists two thousand years from now will excavate the foundational ruins of our pop culture homes, and the anthropologist of that time will rightly proclaim our peoples to be largely primitive religious nut cases. The heart and center of every home foundation will be determined to be the worship room, what we call the living room or den. One end of the room will have reserved the dedicated space for the alter of worship, which we call the entertainment center, upon this alter is mounted the 2 dimensional God of television, from which everyone studies and learns their morals, values and ethics. Carefully and strategically placed upon the alter are their Holywood script(ure)s, (such as the 4 DVD box set of the 1970’s sitcom “Soap”, the Breaking Bad series, Star Trek Next Generation, etc. etc. etc).

We will be rightly proclaimed to have routinely and religiously surrendered our ticket tithes to enter the stadium congregations, where we watch grown men and women dressed in costumes and uniforms depicting mythical creatures, or wild animals of the jungles and forests (Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my!) Grown men and women who bounce toy balls and throw them in toy baskets, kick toy balls into toy nets and through toy goal posts, hit toy balls with toy bats, catch toy balls in toy gloves and run around toy bases, counting their toy points, runs, and scores on large toy scoreboards, with flashing lights, fireworks and video ! (Oh Mommy & Daddy Please, I will clean my plate and make my bed, just let me be a Junior Red Sock, oh Mommy & Daddy Please!)

We are all probably familiar with the terms and concepts of the stone age, copper age, bronze age, iron age, Biblical age, dark, ages, middle ages etc. but how many in your circle of associates are willing to consider or talk about the current “Fantasy Age” we live in ? We are not living in the Information age, we are living in the disinformation age._
Interesting!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many if not all of the giant megalithic structures we are discussing were probably built for religious reasons. Eons ago religion & politics were pretty much one and the same. Later when they became distinct from one another religion still wielded enormous power over kings, emperors and such. I know if a church told me I had to lug 300 ton blocks of stone up a mountain I would find a new church quick! The poor slobs back then I assume had little say in the matter.
May I respectfully disagree? There was a "chief" and a "spiritual leader", side by side. As cultures moved from scattered family groups to centralized cities, the political factions began to dominate the spiritual factions. This was required because, as the cultures grew, a central system was needed to control groups larger than the family unit. A natural progression. I'm not talking about today's political abomination.... we'll leave that discussion for another forum. ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions