gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The leakage is coming above the ground.

The problem is with the fitting of each metal panel.

This should have been explained by a company with the reputation of...Irving!

Now this can be fixed very easily by Welding each seam as I have explained.

This may be a TV expressed arranged Dilemma!

I see no problem of fixing this.

The main problem...is they have not gone far enough to find the Tunnel entrances...These Tunnel Entrances are out further...to where the Ice Holes have shown them to be!

View attachment 1666891
Sheet Piling is not watertight, ... all that can really be done is to caulk the worst leaks , we used to pound okum (rope) into the channels to slow the water down because it will swell when wet , and use well points and pumps to control the water levels . Water follows the path of least resistance and the channels on the piling are not precise or tight , the edges are just a guide to align the piling next to it to drive them straight.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was in the old newspapers at the turn of the 20th Century. Go look it up on Chronicling America about 1903 to 1908. There may have been an earlier account?
So on searching I find multiple sources of this quote
The corners were not squared but somewhat rounded. The block resembled dark Swedish granite or fine grained porphyry, very hard, and with an olive tinge, and did not resemble any local stone. Tradition said that it had been found originally in the mouth of the “Money Pit”. While in Creighton’s possession some lad had cut his initials ‘J.M.” on one corner, but apart from this there was no evidence of any inscription either cut or painted on the stone. Creighton used the stone for a beating stone and weight. When the business was closed in 1919,
This has someone carving "JM" in the corner not "LN" as in the show

stone.jpg

Still that is interesting. I look forward to seeing if there lazer scanning shows anything..

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
gazzahk , that is the same information I was finding. The initials carved in the stone were JM. No matter how one tries, it seems the JM can not be altered to look like the LN on The Curse of Oak Island stone shown on this last episode.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
gazzahk , that is the same information I was finding. The initials carved in the stone were JM. No matter how one tries, it seems the JM can not be altered to look like the LN on The Curse of Oak Island stone shown on this last episode.
They found a rock with the initials LN carved into it. Period
they want us to believe that it is the 90 ft rock......which it obviously isn’t
just more of their speculative selling.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I think the pictures that they showed us with the LN on it look like high resolution laser scan, as the initials showed as raised relief. And there was nothing else there.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I Can Move This 150 lb. Stone... With Just My little Finger?

Looks like the crew from Oak Island...Have a new exercise program!

https://imgur.com/r/OakIsland/7j9LN6T

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I was knitting and only listening to the show as it aired. OMG. I can't believe I missed that! Even if it was somehow sitting on a pivot point on a slippery blanky, it wouldn't move that easily with one finger? It is a hover rock? Is it on a magic slider? Is it made of resin, foam, or composite (ie it's a copy because the real one is out for scanning and they needed something for the shoot?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Season 6 started out strong, fizzled a bit, showed some "Bobby Dazzler" moments and now appears to be a three ring circus with no peanuts and plenty of clowns. So sad...

20 + episodes left? Really? OMG, gonna have tons of useless filler loonies every other show I guess. :BangHead:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Who Could Have the Initials...LN...And Be Connected To...The Curse Of Oak Island?

Could It Be...Laird Niven!

Laird Niven.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Roman numerals on the u shaped wood structure in Smith cove are station Mark's for boat building stocks. Could be a careening station too for cleaning the bottom of a sailing ship. Seems pretty common sense, cant believe it hasn't even been mentioned. Smith cove would be the best spot on the island for stocks or a slip way. I've built a few wooden boats, and the stocks are often marked numerically. The numbers would correspond with certain ribs and deck beams of a known plan and dimension. This is wooden boat building 101. I dont think there is anywhere on the island better suited for ship building or careening. Remember Anderson was there.... a well known privateer/pirate. He would have had to moor and maintain his ship somewhere. Or anyone else with a sailing connection.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Nope M never follows L in roman numerals. 9 years of Latin class. HEY! I did use it!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope M never follows L in roman numerals. 9 years of Latin class. HEY! I did use it!

Good Thinking!

Most people think the way a stone is shown is its right side up!

Right side up...It could be...L4... L I V

Reverse...it could be...I V 7...47?

Money Pit - Stone Reversed.jpg

Money Pit Stone Reversed.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the pictures that they showed us with the LN on it look like high resolution laser scan, as the initials showed as raised relief. And there was nothing else there.
This pic

stone2.jpg

It is interesting that Rick states (Truthfully) that the original reports have just light scratching's whereas it is a one foot longer stone which was the one with the clearly carved code. That was only seen 90 years later...

The stone was originally allegedly found in 1802. However the FIRST WRITTEN REPORTS of the stone were not until 1864

"a flag stone about two feet long and one wide, with a number of rudely cut letters and figures upon it. They were in hopes the inscription would throw some valuable light on their search, but unfortunately they could not decipher it, as it was either too badly cut or did not appear to be in their own vernacular."

- Source: 1864 January 2 - The Colonist, Tri-weekly Edition, Halifax N.S. (Newspaper)

The first ever report of a readable decipherable code on the stone was not until 1893. This was on a prospectus for raising money for a treasure search.
“The 90 Foot mark was a flat stone, about three feet long and 16 inches wide. On it marks or characters had been cut. Afterwards it was placed in the jamb of a fireplace that Mr. Smith was building in his house, and while there was viewed by thousands of people. Many years afterwards, it was taken out of the chimney and taken to Halifax to have, if possible, the characters deciphered. On expert gave his reading of the inscriptions as follows: “Ten feet below are two million pounds buried.” We give this statement for what it is worth, but by no means claim that this is the correct interpretation. Apart from this however, the fact remains that the history and description of the stone as given above has never been disputed.”

- Source: Oak Island Treasure Company Prospectus, published in 1893 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

That is the only report that has a clearly readable code on the stone… It also has the stone at 3 feet long

There is NO OTHER report of the alleged code that was deciphered ever been seen by anyone …

By 1920 the "False reports" have now become common in the retelling.
“At 95 feet they came across a stone, with an inscription chiseled into its surface. The stone was taken to Truro where people said they could read on it: ‘Ten feet below $10,000,000 lies buried.”

- Source: 1920 November 17 — Waterloo Evening Courier (Newspaper)

It is very obvious the inscription that was readable was FAKE...

Source material: https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read this report

It is also extremely difficult to believe

a) That the carving of LN could of been confused with J.M
b)That all the previous searches/renovations of the building failed to find it but the Laginas find it sitting on a floor in a store room...

There seems little to support this could be the original 90 ft stone....

It "may be" that the person giving the description of what he remembered seeing as a boy was confused and it was actually LN and not JM he saw.. (There does not seem to be any other reports of the initials being seen). That would be the only way that this could be the stone. I do look forward to seeing if the lazer imaging does reveal anything... I will not be holding my breath..

A detailed description of the 90FT Stone is given by Eyewitness.

“The business of ‘A. & H. Creighton’ bookbinders, 64 Upper Water Street, Halifax, was established in 1844 and lasted until 1879 when A. Creighton either died or retired, and Herbert Creighton and Edward Marshall my father, formed the firm of ‘Creighton & Marshall’. I was born in 1879. One of the Creighton’s was interested in the Oak Island Treasure Co. and had brought to the city a stone which I well remember seeing as a boy, and until the business was merged in 1919 in the present firm of Phillips & Marshall. The stone was about 2 feet long, 15 inches wide, and 10 inches thick, and weighed about 175 pounds. It had two smooth surfaces, with rough sides with traces of cement attached to them. Tradition said that it had been part of two fireplaces. The corners were not squared but somewhat rounded. The block resembled dark Swedish granite or fine grained porphyry, very hard, and with an olive tinge, and did not resemble any local stone. Tradition said that it had been found originally in the mouth of the “Money Pit”. While in Creighton’s possession some lad had cut his initials ‘J.M.” on one corner, but apart from this there was no evidence of any inscription either cut or painted on the stone. Creighton used the stone for a beating stone and weight. When the business was closed in 1919, Thos. Forhan, since deceased, asked for the stone, the history of which seems to have been generally known. When Marshall left the premises in 1919, the stone was left behind, but Forhan does not seem to have taken it. Search at Forhan’s business premises and residence two years ago disclosed no stone. The full history of the stone was written up in ‘the Suburban” about 1903 or 1904. Alfred Tregunno of the Halifax Seed Company stated to Messrs. Blair and Harris that S.R. Cossey & Co. occupied the premises 64 Upper Water Street from 1919 to 1927. The premises were remodeled and occupied by the firm in 1919. In 1927 the premises was taken over by the Halifax Seed Store. About 6 mos. After being occupied, enquiry was made of the premises but failed to locate the stone. Blair, Harris, and Tregunno made a thorough search of the premises and basement today and found no trace of the stone. Mr. Laing and Mr. Tracey of the Brookfield Construction Company states that that Company remodeled the premises 64 Upper Water Street in 1919. Laing does not remember the stone, but says that it is possible that it would have been taken to their storeyards on Smith Street, or mill-yard on Mitchell Street, to be used in construction if suitable. The yards are now covered in snow, but a search will be made at an early date.

- Source: 1935 March 27 — Statement of Harry W. Marshall to R.V. Harris and Fred L. Blair

source; https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laser imaging should burn a hole in it as it clearly is not the 90 ft. stone. Fabricated stone more likely because the letters LN is raised letters and not scratched. The original stone was so hard to even scratch most likely granite. I believe they are only trying to make a dying show last out the season. Also with the photos that robot posted the forked water tunnels looks like a bust also. They would have had to lay tunnels around the large boulder in the harbor. The ship builders in the early days most did not use IV when building ships most used IIII less confusing. Same with IX, they used IIIIV. That is most likely a dry dock for ships before crossing the ocean they had to clean the ship and check for leaks.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the pic at the top of the page there are what could be all kinds of worn symbols on it. Granted they don't all look to be in line with each other to form a sentence. The LN is the only thing that really stands out of course, but it was supposedly carved into it much later down the road...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looking at the pic at the top of the page there are what could be all kinds of worn symbols on it. Granted they don't all look to be in line with each other to form a sentence. The LN is the only thing that really stands out of course, but it was supposedly carved into it much later down the road...
How about some proof :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread