A strong start - season 6

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 6 Is not that on a Sunday? I thought we have it on Tuesday Nights? I guess we will not get to watch the show until January 8? Don't know?

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
January 6 Is not that on a Sunday? I thought we have it on Tuesday Nights? I guess we will not get to watch the show until January 8? Don't know?

D42C600E-2BD9-42FB-8671-87C5219B96B8.jpeg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the second show or Season 6 Episode 9 about? I saw the first show but the second has not been released yet? I saw them caulking the coffer dam. Really small caulk guns for such a large job. Why did they not use joint caulk guns----------I mean the big guns. They even make the kind that runs off of air pressure. There is also the stuff advertised on television that sticks even under water? Acrylic Caulk does not make much sense especially with the small guns.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm with most Netters, cover that place with detectors. It would be less expensive.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with most Netters, cover that place with detectors. It would be less expensive.

The last show. They had one signal and dug up several different pottery shards. When the archaeologist cleared the entire area of the stones, there is not even one piece of pottery nor any more "door" latches. What gives with that? There is suppose to be a shaft at or near that location that controls the water in the mines and the shafts according to Zena's Map of Oak Island. I know everyone says the map is a fake but I do not think so? IF there is a shaft a couple hundred feet deep under those stones------------then the MAP IS AUTHENTIC.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What was the second show or Season 6 Episode 9 about? I saw the first show but the second has not been released yet? I saw them caulking the coffer dam. Really small caulk guns for such a large job. Why did they not use joint caulk guns----------I mean the big guns. They even make the kind that runs off of air pressure. There is also the stuff advertised on television that sticks even under water? Acrylic Caulk does not make much sense especially with the small guns.

This was Episode 7.

Episode 9 will be January 15th.

Every time I use Calking...it leaks

I would have demanded that the workers came back and Welded every seam to prevent water leakage!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was Episode 7.

Episode 9 will be January 15th.

Every time I use Calking...it leaks

I would have demanded that the workers came back and Welded every seam to prevent water leakage!

What gets me is why did they drive the steel into the ground so deep. They should have known the pressure of going through stones would bend the steel and leak. Also at the upper ends whey so shallow, the ocean gets up it can go around the coffer dam. Sloppy work if you ask me. I would cancel the check.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Could it be the origin of the search for $$$ ?

Compiled by Les MacPhie

The Liverpool Transcript, October 16, 1862

When the first settlers from the United States came to Chester, they brought with them a story that an old sailor, while on his death bed, stated that he belonged to Captain Kidd's crew, and that he helped to bury on an Island, somewhere in that neighbourhood, about two million pound value of treasure, but that he had never dared to avail himself of the secret for fear of the "law" taking hold of him as a Pirate.
Sometime after the arrival of these persons a Mr. McGinnis went to Oak Island to make a farm, when he discovered the spot in question from its being sunken, and from the position of three oak trees, which stood in a triangular form round the pit. The bark had letters cut into it with a knife on each tree facing the pit, and one of the trees being so directly over the pit, that two large branches forming a crotch, were exactly perpendicular to the centre, and had a hole bored through, and an oak tree-nail driven in, on which hung a tacle (sic) block. He was induced from the appearance to be supposed that it might be the place referred to by the sailor. He then acquainted two men, Smith and Vaughn, of the circumstance, and they commenced digging. After going down ten feet they found a layer of oak timber, at twenty the same, and thirty the same. By this time the work became too heavy for them to carry on alone, and they tried to get the inhabitants to join them; but they refused from a kind of superstitious dread. About seven years afterwards, Simeon Lynds, of Onslow, went down to Chester, and happening to stop with Mr. Vaughn, he was informed of what had taken place. He then agreed to get up a company, which he did, of about 25 or 30 men, and they commenced where the first left off, and sunk the pit 93 feet, finding a mark every ten feet. Some of them were charcoal, some putty, and one at 80 feet was a stone cut square, two feet long and about a foot thick, with several characters cut on it. All the way down they were confined to a diameter of 16 feet, by the softness of the ground within that limit. The pick marks could be distinctly seen all around the sides of the pit. After they got down 93 feet, they forced a crowbar down and struck wood at five which appeared to be a platform from its being level, making in all to the supposed platform 98 feet. They quit the work until morning, when on commencing again they found the pit filled with water, as high as the tide level. Then they tried bailing, and afterwards tried pumping, which was all to no purpose. After which they sank a new pit in order to tunnel under the treasure which was unsuccessful.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Lagina Brothers...Need The Little Dutch Boy!

What gets me is why did they drive the steel into the ground so deep. They should have known the pressure of going through stones would bend the steel and leak. Also at the upper ends whey so shallow, the ocean gets up it can go around the coffer dam. Sloppy work if you ask me. I would cancel the check.

The leakage is coming above the ground.

The problem is with the fitting of each metal panel.

This should have been explained by a company with the reputation of...Irving!

Now this can be fixed very easily by Welding each seam as I have explained.

This may be a TV expressed arranged Dilemma!

I see no problem of fixing this.

The main problem...is they have not gone far enough to find the Tunnel entrances...These Tunnel Entrances are out further...to where the Ice Holes have shown them to be!

Ice Holes - Smith Cove.jpg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because gary can’t plant them any deeper without getting caught.

You can see the area has been disturbed even before his hired digger digs?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The leakage is coming above the ground.

The problem is with the fitting of each metal panel.

This should have been explained by a company with the reputation of...Irving!

Now this can be fixed very easily by Welding each seam as I have explained.

This may be a TV expressed arranged Dilemma!

I see no problem of fixing this.

The main problem...is they have not gone far enough to find the Tunnel entrances...These Tunnel Entrances are out further...to where the Ice Holes have shown them to be!

View attachment 1666891
==========
If I had just spent a million on the coffer dam and it was leaking I would be calling my attorney. When they called Erving they pretty much got the "sorry to be you " routine and then ended the conversation by some crude remark about if the budget or finances or something is available then they might swing out to take a look. You have a customer who has spent millions with you over the course of several years as well as the free tv advertising and you act like the leak is NOT your companies problem ? Then when he comes out to take a look and says "oh, that is common". If it was common, why wasn't the Lagina's told upfront about it ? Unless Rick and Marty are good actors, they sure seemed surprised about the leaking. I would hold Erving accountable for the leak and make them fix it. Again, Rick and Marty has spent millions of dollars with Erving Equip. and Erving Equip. can not even spend a couple hundred bucks themselves on waterproof caulking and come out and fix it ? So much for Customer Service.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
And another observation. If each large boulder seems to have a specific reason for its positioning, why have they not yet spoke of that huge boulder by the coffer dam ? It is sitting there all by itself and nobody has even commented on it, unless I missed that episode.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The drilling down "digging deeper" show used to be fun to watch just because of the interviews. Now every segment includes a recap of the show, latest rumor or rehash of a part of the Oak Island story.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That "claim" of the 90ft stone was ridiculous. I have never seen a SINGLE REPORT of anyone saying the 90 ft stone had a "LN" carved into it. Why has this NEVER been mentioned in any of the reports of this stone. ( Here is some excellent research on the stone https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series). How come NO ONE has said. " As well as the "strange Inscription" on this stone there was a CLEARLY CARVED "LN" also..." . They are just making stuff up now...

They are only up to episode 6 and they are already laying the groundwork for season 7 (Marty: we are not going to have time to do the Geiger counter search this year...). The latest Looney with his Geiger counter and star map.. He is in the wings for season 7 now...

I agree with the other posters I would be suing the contractor that built my dam....

The money they are spending... The new wash plant...Oh what a treasure they would have if they had just pocketed the money they have wasted...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That "claim" of the 90ft stone was ridiculous. I have never seen a SINGLE REPORT of anyone saying the 90 ft stone had a "LN" carved into it. Why has this NEVER been mentioned in any of the reports of this stone. ( Here is some excellent research on the stone https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series). How come NO ONE has said. " As well as the "strange Inscription" on this stone there was a CLEARLY CARVED "LN" also..." . They are just making stuff up now...

They are only up to episode 6 and they are already laying the groundwork for season 7 (Marty: we are not going to have time to do the Geiger counter search this year...). The latest Looney with his Geiger counter and star map.. He is in the wings for season 7 now...

I agree with the other posters I would be suing the contractor that built my dam....

The money they are spending... The new wash plant...Oh what a treasure they would have if they had just pocketed the money they have wasted...

That was in the old newspapers at the turn of the 20th Century. Go look it up on Chronicling America about 1903 to 1908. There may have been an earlier account?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread