What's new

A thread of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to thoroughly read the rules then proceed (with caution) from there.
 
I thought that I would start a thread to have a place to discuss other threads (yes, I checked the Tnet rules). Doing so on their discussions would drive their thread off topic. So here is the place. I'll start.

While I obviously can't follow all of the threads on this board, there are quite a few that interest me.

No. 1 on my list of most intriguing is BVI's Coral Beep. Though the thread has a lot of off topic exchanges, it has a great the story line. BVI has gone pretty much silent lately and I don't blame him. IMO, he has given out too much info already that may cause some unscrupulous readers to search for his site. Hopefully he can keep it under wraps but will at least post photos of his future finds.

There are also a few theads on the LDM forum where a somewhat new member, NP, has ruffled a few feathers with his new non conventional theories. Nothing earth shaking going on there but an interesting read for me on a fantasy legend. Maybe its the history of the legend and area that holds my interest. I spent some time in those "mountains" years ago.

More later.

just because it isn't in the rules, doesn't mean it is allowed.

You may not put down anyone or Suggest in any way, Any thread is
fake, a waste of time, something to Laugh at (unless the OP intended that)
You may not attack any poster or his words.

I Still have to read this Thread, it may disappear if the purpose
appears to be to make light of Members or their Threads
 
I'm going to thoroughly read the rules then proceed (with caution) from there.

As long as you do not mock or attack other threads or members you will be fine, disagreeing is not an issue, it is the mocking and attacks...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
just because it isn't in the rules, doesn't mean it is allowed.

You may not put down anyone or Suggest in any way, Any thread is
fake, a waste of time, something to Laugh at (unless the OP intended that)
You may not attack any poster or his words.

I Still have to read this Thread, it may disappear if the purpose
appears to be to make light of Members or their Threads

I have been mindful of the rules and strive to stay within the guidelines. At the same time, I just give my truthful comments which may not be palatable to some. But you can't carry on a meaningful debate with only one point of view.
V
 
Hello VOR, good idea on this thread and I hope Todd would start a new thread on the OP of PA.
Perhaps you could call it "Unearthing Chicanery in SE Pa" NP had over 3 usernames? I actually thought he was 6 + times on the pa thread under different aliases.

Todd I think sepa is waiting for you to make a move before he tells us about his post epiphany.


See and that is how you would get in trouble since title alone would be mocking the original thread.

Don't think you can start a thread to mock another thread, you will find your wrong.




Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
I just retired and thought that this is a great treasure hunting site. Lots of good information and serious discussions. But I did scan the thread that has all the commosion and don't know if it is a treasure thread. Very confusing though and really hard to follow. Maybe if it was moved to Something Else or other nontreasure forum there wouldnt be all this bickering. But this board is so large that I think a place to discuss other threads is a good idea so we can see what is going on in other forums. Just my two cents.
 
Well, I am throughing in the towl on the Wolf. I walked down and back on that trail two days in a row and didn't even see Wolf Run. The trail ends at Treasure Lake, a gated community. That trail is 2.5 miles long. The story is flawed in that the treasure site is the old Clymer Mill, which is lost in history and the Run which is 3 miles long as the crow flies or 9 miles long if you follow it's snake shape. The thing is, it is deep in the woods. If it is found, it will be found by someone that knows those woods.
I usually don't hunt a cache unless I can locate it on a map. I went overboard on this one. Frank...Never More

You can't hit if you don't swing. Good to see someone out in the field and active.

Fly:
No comment.

Spaceman:
Welcome to the board.

V
 
Vor: You can't hit if you don't swing. Good to see someone out in the field and active.
Frank: You also can't hit if they don't through. Hope someone finds it.

Frank... STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.webp
 
I have been mindful of the rules and strive to stay within the guidelines. At the same time, I just give my truthful comments which may not be palatable to some. But you can't carry on a meaningful debate with only one point of view.
V

Vor, I like your posts and I tend to agree with you on most things but you aren't necessarily giving your "truthful comments". You are giving your opinion. I'm sure you believe your opinions are true but I guarantee those who disagree with you feel just as strongly that their opinions are "truthful comments" too.
 
The thread title will be something along the lines of: Buried "Treasure" in Southeast Pennsylvania - My Findings/My Report/Another Point of View or something to that effect.

And I'm going to keep it simple. Just exactly what I learned from leads that were previously ignored and readdressing a few points that never really made sense. I actually don't see it being a very long thread.
 
The thread title will be something along the lines of: Buried "Treasure" in Southeast Pennsylvania - My Findings/My Report/Another Point of View or something to that effect.

And I'm going to keep it simple. Just exactly what I learned from leads that were previously ignored and readdressing a few points that never really made sense. I actually don't see it being a very long thread.

Yea I see it getting Deleted :laughing7:
 
Doubter:
I acquiesce.

Todd:
Make sure to take a screen shot so you can PM.

Jeff:
I am sure that your statement was only an attempt at humor. Surely you allow opposing views on that subject as you do on others.

V
 
Doubter:
I acquiesce.

Todd:
Make sure to take a screen shot so you can PM.

Jeff:
I am sure that your statement was only an attempt at humor. Surely you allow opposing views on that subject as you do on others.

V

I allow apposing Views, But I don't allow personal attacks .
 
So an opposing point of view could be considered, or construed as a personal attack? :BangHead:
 
Coral Beep thread:
Looks like BVI is going corporate with his shipwreck find. Partners, lawyers and maybe even an attempt to get a permit. Don't know BVI laws but no doubt you have a lot of agencies/ministries to go through and hopefully the "cultural heritage" dept. doesn't take over the site.
As it started out as an amateur find and exploration I was hoping that he could get a few friends and do a clandestine recovery, the pirate way. Hate to see a bunch of lawyers involved. Since his "investors" won't let him disclose any more info on the finds, the thread is pretty much done.


Hi all - I'm still running the operation (no lawyers - I HATE lawyers) but have pulled in a couple of old pals I used to work with in the Sandpit - the few that know my past, know of my passion for "covert ops" and that's the way it proceeding, all the while having to look over my shoulder (well, scuba tank!)
Just posted today about getting a Marine Archaeologist involved - yes, I DO want the booty, but don't think I should just plunder the site without documenting it first (assuming, obviously that there's is anything even to plunder!!)
 
Just sweep that ground and no fighting. This is a forum for fun, history, learning, and adventure. What is the use of fighting over the computer? Just follow the rules and have fun. That is what this website was created for :) It wasn't created for drama or finger pointing! HH All!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom