What's new

A very unique point

SweepNbeep

Full Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
294
Golden Thread
0
Location
The North Star State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,

A buddy of mine from Mississippi recently sent me this picture. His 10 year old son found it, and he was wondering if I knew what it was. I've got some books on various types of arrowheads, but can't find anything else like it. Does anybody know what this is called, or what it is? To me it looks like a claw shaped point of some type. Is it a specialized scraper of some sort? Sorry, this is the only picture I have. Thanks, I know he'll be eager to learn more about it.

IMG_0632_zpsypmlnule.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Hard to see that edge, but I think it is some sort of knife. Pretty crazy looking. Be interesting to see the other side....
 
just a shot in the dark but some kind of arrow shaft shaping tool?
 
Maybe a broken point which was then reworked into a knife im assuming it is worked all around cant tell from the pic pretty cool peice if it is
 
Id call it a skinning tool if I had found it. It could of been used to clean an animal or even to cut cordage like a multi purpose tool.
 
Id call it a skinning tool if I had found it. It could of been used to clean an animal or even to cut cordage like a multi purpose tool.

It's Swiss then? ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom