What's new

Airplanes and meta detectors

Sr Diggsalot

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2014
Messages
31
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i Whites DFX, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Airplanes and metal detectors

Hello,

Has anyone in the last 6 months taken their metal detector with them on a domestic flight? If so did you check it in or carry it on with you. What about the batteries? Any other advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Sr Diggsalot
 
I have taken the 3030 on 4 round trips. Checked baggage in a bow case. No problems with the airlines or the condition of the equipment. The case is really taking a beating including a puncture in the end.
 
Thank you for that information. Did you leave the batteries in or remove them from your 3030?
 
I thought this thread was gonna' be about metal detector interference/EMI from overflying aircraft.
Happens quite frequently to me.

As far as the metal detector flight rules, I have no clue. I've never tried to take a detector with me, yet.
 
I use a carry-on gym bag with gear and no batteries...

Folding shovel and digger in with regular luggage...
 
thank you for the info.....

i think I will check it in to avoid delays going through security.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom