ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a vaccine. I don't wear a mask anymore unless its mandated. I do use hand sanitizer every time I get back in the car from going to the store, etc. I don't do parties. I have been back to church in person. I don't hug homeless people on the street (with a few exceptions, for real, she hugged me first because I treated her as a human being), and I know God has it all under control so I am right now living "normally". Going on a flight to Florida fairly soon. That's kind of a short answer, but consider this, just this week, one of my friends was diagnosed with what is probably a fatal cancer, my next door neighbor died a few days ago, the guy two houses down has just gone into hospice and a well known guy about 4 miles from here who had a nice business just died. Nothing covid involved. So I guess the real question should be what are you afraid of? And why? I don't particularly like going outside at night because monsters come out of the woods. Coyotes, foxes, the local bobcat and cougar. That type of thing. HOWEVER, if there is some flight I have to catch or dig I have to go to I still go out at night to get there.

Your not helping yourself OR others by not wearing a mask in public Smokes.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill from Lachine posted this in The Random Chat Thread...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey has had her vaccine, if others had theirs it wouldn't be a problem or they can wear their mask, they can even wear 2.

"As Adult ICU Patients Hit Record Highs for the Pandemic, New Report Shows Unvaccinated People Are More Than 15 Times More Likely to Die From COVID-19 Compared to Vaccinated People"

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/news/press-r...t-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-more-15-times

Over 90% of new hospital cases are unvaccinated, the problem is not vaccinated people not wearing masks.

Last edited:

Connor McCloud

Aug 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most important lesson I ever learned in this world is to trust in God. When you do that one thing alot of other things makes sense.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey has had her vaccine, if others had theirs it wouldn't be a problem or they can wear their mask, they can even wear 2.

"As Adult ICU Patients Hit Record Highs for the Pandemic, New Report Shows Unvaccinated People Are More Than 15 Times More Likely to Die From COVID-19 Compared to Vaccinated People"

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/news/press-r...t-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-more-15-times

Over 90% of new hospital cases are unvaccinated, the problem is not vaccinated people not wearing masks.

Actually you are wrong. Being vaccinated which reduces symptoms, but you can still get and spread covid.....not only that but because it reduces symptoms so well many could be spreading it with out even knowing they were sick. So being vaccinated does not mean don't wear a mask.....

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are confusing unvaccinated in hospitals with being the same as them being responsible for all the spread which simply not true

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Lost 2 family members in 8 days, both were not vaccinated, my 1st cousin had kidney replaced 5 years ago, died 8 days ago, my sister-in-laws baby brother had no known health problems passed this morning.

Get your vaccine shots if you don't have them and live your life, that is what I am doing.

Damned sorry to hear that TH.

Now that I?ve said that, I want to thank you for sharing what is probably painful details so that others know there can be real world consequences in the choice they make. You might have saved lives. [emoji1303]

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
We buried my unvaccinated brother in law today who spent a good month on a ventilator. He was the sole caregiver for his wife. Torn between being angry and sad. It didn't have to happen.

I?ll say the same thing to you Lenrac. Thank you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are confusing unvaccinated in hospitals with being the same as them being responsible for all the spread which simply not true

It is simple, there is reason 95% of new cases in hospital are unvaccinated, it is because they didn't get vaccinated. Don't want to receive vaccine is a choice, and I support the right to make that choice. but don't expect those vaccinated to wear a mask because others chose not to be vaccinated..

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is simple, there is reason 95% of new cases in hospital are unvaccinated, it is because they didn't get vaccinated. Don't want to receive vaccine is a choice, and I support the right to make that choice. but don't expect those vaccinated to wear a mask because others chose not to be vaccinated..

No, it’s not that simple. Our data over here show the highest accumulating infection rates among the 12-24 age group and the lowest in the over-70s age group. Those rates also have a pretty direct inverse relationship to vaccination rates but not in the sense of acceptance or rejection of vaccination. We prioritised vaccinations by age group and so many of those becoming infected were regarded as lower priority in the vaccine queue because of their age and remained unvaccinated whether it was their choice or not. Only now is that beginning to catch up.

That was the right decision in terms of their own health because unvaccinated younger people who become infected generally developed less severe symptoms, as predicted. That’s borne out by hospital admissions (and deaths) which are still higher in the over-70s despite the lower infection numbers. Nevertheless the absolute numbers clearly show that hospitalisations and deaths in the older age groups dropped dramatically as the vaccination programme progressed.

However, those younger - and in some cases not-yet vaccinated - people now represent the biggest risk for continued spread. They may not themselves be at risk of serious illness warranting hospitalisation but, until they are vaccinated, they represent a pool of hosts in which the virus can continue to thrive. That has two implications: a higher propensity to spread the infection to others (including if they are allowed to travel); and an opportunity for the virus to continue mutating to produce new variants against which current vaccines might not be effective.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but don't expect those vaccinated to wear a mask because others chose not to be vaccinated

That's the bottom line on this whole deal. I wore a mask for 15 months and then got my two Pfizer shots. That's the extent of my cooperation with this pandemic. No way am I going back to wearing a mask because some think it's their right to ignore the obvious benefit of getting vaccinated...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it’s not that simple. Our data over here show the highest accumulating infection rates among the 12-24 age group and the lowest in the over-70s age group. Those rates also have a pretty direct inverse relationship to vaccination rates but not in the sense of acceptance or rejection of vaccination. We prioritised vaccinations by age group and so many of those becoming infected were regarded as lower priority in the vaccine queue because of their age and remained unvaccinated whether it was their choice or not. Only now is that beginning to catch up.

That was the right decision in terms of their own health because unvaccinated younger people who become infected generally developed less severe symptoms, as predicted. That’s borne out by hospital admissions (and deaths) which are still higher in the over-70s despite the lower infection numbers. Nevertheless the absolute numbers clearly show that hospitalisations and deaths in the older age groups dropped dramatically as the vaccination programme progressed.

However, those younger - and in some cases not-yet vaccinated - people now represent the biggest risk for continued spread. They may not themselves be at risk of serious illness warranting hospitalisation but, until they are vaccinated, they represent a pool of hosts in which the virus can continue to thrive. That has two implications: a higher propensity to spread the infection to others (including if they are allowed to travel); and an opportunity for the virus to continue mutating to produce new variants against which current vaccines might not be effective.

In Florida anyone 12 and older can get the vaccine, if they haven't then they can wear a mask, if masks work then if they wear masks there is no need for healthy vaccinated people to wear a mask.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
In Florida anyone 12 and older can get the vaccine, if they haven't then they can wear a mask, if masks work then if they wear masks there is no need for healthy vaccinated people to wear a mask.
From the CDC website:

• If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the CDC website:

• If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.

The CDC allowed the virus to spread in the beginning because Fauci told everyone masks didn't help.

If you want to persuade somebody to get the vaccine..............Don't quote the murderers at the CDC.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Claypile.............I am just like you, and millions of others, who deeply resent the Orwellian tactics by half of the nation. However, there is a YUGE difference between wanna-be dictators and dying from the vaccine.

Take the time to research the Moderna vaccine. Briefly, in the past, vaccines gave you the virus, and antibodies, at the same time, which led to many side effects, including death, in some people. The new vaccine is new technology that our own natural immune system to fight the virus by teaching our body to create proteins.

Moderna is the company that developed the technology, which is why I chose to get that. Personally, I would avoid all of the others.

Give yourself some peace of mind........Put politics and personal opinion aside and get the vaccine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the CDC website:

"If you are in an area of substantial or high transmission" I don't consider my local stores "areas of substantial or high transmission". I'm vaccinated, anyone concerned about me transmitting virus can either get vaccinated or wear a mask, hell they can wear 2 if it makes them feel better.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, please keep ALL political comments out of thread.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CDC allowed the virus to spread in the beginning because Fauci told everyone masks didn't help

Wow, still relying on outdated information from the very first days of the pandemic to make your outdated narrative appear relevant? Try to keep up.

They also used to tell us it was ok to look at nuclear blasts provided your had on eye protection! Thank the lord we are able to learn and change outdated recommendations!

This mask statement was made in the infancy of the pandemic when little was known about it, within just a few weeks of saying this, the recommendation was changed.

I don't know about you, but i'd rather have a CDC that is willing to learn and adapt and not be afraid to alter their recommendations as new information is learned, rather then be like some who cling to old outdated information and won't change their viewpoint because it doesn't fit a narrative they are promoting!

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"If you are in an area of substantial or high transmission" I don't consider my local stores "areas of substantial or high transmission". I'm vaccinated, anyone concerned about me transmitting virus can either get vaccinated or wear a mask, hell they can wear 2 if it makes them feel better.
Where are all the cases in Fla coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread