Status
Not open for further replies.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with godeep too,but one thing that keeps getting left out is that none of the other viruses were engineered in a lab for gain of function,that could very well be a reason for the crazy behavior of this thing.We don,t know since as far as I can tell it,s not been studied in that respect.Doesn,t change any thing much.Still got to ride it out.since it,s here.If i,m wrong and I could be,enlighten me.I,m vaxxed,I,ll get a booster if it becomes available,I wear a mask where it,s required but I don,t wear one at home or in my truck.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta go with GoDeep on this... that's some nit-pickin' there. If I picked up a classic '68 Camaro Rally Sport and posted a photo on TNet, sayin', "Check out my new ride!!" Are you going to say, "Nice wheels!" or would you say, "That's not new. It's over 50 years old."

New virus, new variant, I think that we all know what Dr. Fauci was implying... that this is a novel coronavirus strain, variant, whatever, and may not behave as previously know coronaviruses behaved. Sure Dr. Fauci may not have stated everything perfectly, but he was using the best information that he had available to him at the time. Should we have been wearing masks in January and February of 2020? Probably not. There weren't enough cases to justify it. Should we be wearing masks now? Probably depends on where you're located. Around me? I'd say yes. Heck, a school in a nearby county had to shut down because ~60 out of ~300 students were COVID positive. He's following a process known as adaptive management.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Context is important....................POTUS made a comment the virus would disappear in the summer. Fauci turned around, went on every news network, and said it is a BRAND NEW virus and nobody knows what to expect. To avoid politics, I will let you fill in the gaps why Fauci would make that comment.

And respectfully, I disagree..........We should have been wearing masks in January and February of 2020. That is the entire point. Emails recently released prove Fauci was fully aware of this virus in 2017. He knew it was airborne, and he knew it was lethal. Yet, because he didn't want people panicking and buying up all of the N95 masks (Taking supply away from medical workers), he lied to the American people and said masks were not necessary.

Or plainly stated, he allowed an extremely contagious airborne virus to spread uncontrolled throughout the country in the very beginning. If he had been honest by informing us what he knew, people could have taken steps in the very beginning to stop the spread. Instead, people like myself were wandering around town without a mask on, and spraying disinfectant on everything, just like Fauci said.........Which we now know did NOTHING to stop the spread.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emails recently released prove Fauci was fully aware of this virus in 2017. He knew it was airborne, and he knew it was lethal..

You are making some very specific claims.

Please provide links to these emails that prove he knew Covid-19 existed in 2017. If i'm wrong, i will definitely re-evaluate and correct my position.

Fauci turned around, went on every news network, and said it is a BRAND NEW virus and nobody knows what to expect.

Dead on, and couldn't' have been a more prescient statement on his part! In fact we still don't know everything about it and it's morphing in real time on us! 30+ years experience in immunology no doubt had a part in that correct prediction of his.

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emails recently released prove Fauci was fully aware of this virus in 2017. He knew it was airborne, and he knew it was lethal.

I would like to see the emails as well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with godeep too,but one thing that keeps getting left out is that none of the other viruses were engineered in a lab for gain of function,that could very well be a reason for the crazy behavior of this thing.We don,t know since as far as I can tell it,s not been studied in that respect.Doesn,t change any thing much.Still got to ride it out.since it,s here.If i,m wrong and I could be,enlighten me.I,m vaxxed,I,ll get a booster if it becomes available,I wear a mask where it,s required but I don,t wear one at home or in my truck.

To the best of my knowledge, we still don't know the origin of COVID-19.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for your loss. I would be hurt and angry as well.

I agree with you that the odds of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus are much lower. I was just pointing out that they're not zero. I also agree with you that the onus is on the unvaccinated or unprotected to protect themselves, if they're concerned about it. You've gotten your vaccinations and that is laudable.

I just don't mind going the extra mile to do what I can to protect the community members who may be at greater risk (which I consider includes my under 12 children), which is why I wear a mask when indoors in public.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

If I visit doctor, family or friend with compromised immune system I wear mask, when I go to Walmart, grocery stores. gas stations, Sams or to eat ect I usually don't wear mask. I am done being locked down and restricted, I am living my life.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

True,as far as it goes.But without getting political,it,s fairly obvious where it came from and why that aspect is not being studied.Common sense would tell you that.It still doesn,t change that we have to deal with it.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Just an article published the other day on it. It's split between an animal jump or infecting someone at a lab in China. They don't believe it was purely human created, though i have read that they are able to lab modify it so it's a possibility too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/covid-origin-report-us-intelligence-agencies-are-divided.html

In pertinent part:

" The U.S. intelligence community said that it is divided over the exact origin of Covid-19 in China, a revelation that comes three months after President Joe Biden requested a more in-depth review. One intelligence agency said it assessed with moderate confidence that the virus infected humans after an incident related to a lab, according to a report released Friday afternoon. Four agencies said they reached low-confidence assessments that the virus had a natural origin....The vast evidence from other perspectives says no, this was a naturally occurring virus,” Collins said. “Not to say that it could not have been under study secretly at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and got out of there, we don’t know about that. But the virus itself does not have the earmarks of having been created intentionally by human work.”

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see the emails as well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Here is the link............

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/new-fauci-emails/

They are trying to prove the virus was weaponized. However, what I noticed is the Wuhan lab has been studying Corona virus since at least 2016. Thus, one of the very first things they would research, is if the virus is transmitted via "spillover" (For example, Ebola can only be transmitted via saliva, blood, etc), or if the virus is airborne.

Or plainly stated, Fauci knew the virus was airborne long before it was released. And yet, he told everyone NOT to wear masks. That one decision is why it turned into a pandemic.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an article published the other day on it. It's split between an animal jump or infecting someone at a lab in China. They don't believe it was purely human created, though i have read that they are able to lab modify it so it's a possibility too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/27/covid-origin-report-us-intelligence-agencies-are-divided.html

In pertinent part:

" The U.S. intelligence community said that it is divided over the exact origin of Covid-19 in China, a revelation that comes three months after President Joe Biden requested a more in-depth review. One intelligence agency said it assessed with moderate confidence that the virus infected humans after an incident related to a lab, according to a report released Friday afternoon. Four agencies said they reached low-confidence assessments that the virus had a natural origin....The vast evidence from other perspectives says no, this was a naturally occurring virus,” Collins said. “Not to say that it could not have been under study secretly at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and got out of there, we don’t know about that. But the virus itself does not have the earmarks of having been created intentionally by human work.”

Again,true as far as it goes.The basic virus indeed was probably a naturally occurring one in bats.We know that gain of function research was being done at Wuhan.While the virus itself may not have been intentionally created,the ability to easily jump to humans and the weird way it behaves very well could have been engineered into it.This is a academic argument of course,we still must deal with it and I,m not using it to minimize the need for vaccines and masks,I agree with all that.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not part of a solution...

You are part of the problem.

Do your part as a responsible CONSIDERATE American citizen...

Wear a mask.

OR be that person later we all think and talk about.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wear a mask.

With great freedom comes great responsibility. Wearing a mask to protect fellow Americans is part of being a responsible citizen.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With great freedom comes great responsibility. Wearing a mask to protect fellow Americans is part of being a responsible citizen.

Sorry, not buying it. I did my part, yet almost half of this country is refusing to get a simple shot. Why should I have to wear a mask to protect people who won't protect themselves?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wear a mask.

"Do your part as a responsible CONSIDERATE American citizen", get your vaccine shot.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Do your part as a responsible CONSIDERATE American citizen", get your vaccine shot.

Dont you fret... i got my doses. heh

And i wear a mask... not because i want to... but because i dont want to "be that guy". heh

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep. Moderna.

And it's why, like you, I see no reason for wearing a mask any longer............I met my responsibility.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can be dosed to hell and back... 20 shots... dont matter... you still will pass it on and on.

Without a mask... you jusy spread your germs everywhere ya go.

Oh and whilst we are on the subject of common sense...

Um... So... lets talk about the shot OF COVID you received...

Do you for one COMMON SENSE second believe that after injection of THE virus... you will not "carry" and spread anymore ? ? ?

? ? ?

And this does not strike you as um... lol... ehhhh how do i say this...errrr

Anyway... this theory would go against the own words of those that are studying it.

This is impossible.

In order for this not to be the case... the virus would have to be nullled completely...stopped in its tracks before it began any symptoms... no matter how mild.

And beings these vaccines only lesson it and not stop it from being to begin with... you are a carrier at that point.

Period.

There is not debate... there is not discussion.

There is only fact.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Moderna.

And it's why, like you, I see no reason for wearing a mask any longer............I met my responsibility.

You are being told otherwise by the very people that told you to get the shot.

And those who manufactured it as well.

Arent you listening ? ? ?

to them ? ? ?

if not me.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, not buying it. I did my part, yet almost half of this country is refusing to get a simple shot. Why should I have to wear a mask to protect people who won't protect themselves?

Therein lies the problem.

Half of the country thinks "Freedom" means they can run around killing fellow Americans because they refuse to wear a mask, and refuse to get vaccinated. Meanwhile, the other half of the country defends murderers like Fauci, and think we should turn into a communist state by giving the government absolute control over everyone and everything.

We are a failing nation because nobody has common sense anymore.

Oh......And I wasn't referring to those who have been vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread