๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Amazing ring find and return.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was privileged to find and return to an extremely overjoyed owner the ring pictured here.
20230618_084820.jpg

At my church I hand out 200-300 seat cushions each Sunday. I was tipped off on Thursday that another church member had lost his MLB Championship ring the previous Sunday, and by a slim chance it may have slipped off when he returned some cushions at the end of the service. Today my wife and I went very early to church in order to have time to do a thorough search. I even took along my Garrett pinpointer to check the boxes after emptying them. We took out cushions one by one from the tall boxes and then I scanned the bottom flaps. On box number six when I took out the next to last cushion I heard something drop to the bottom of the box. Lo and behold, there it was. Could not miss that thing. That is a huge, chunky piece of bling! I stashed it very carefully and waited for he and his wife to arrive. When they did I slipped it on, it fit completely over my wedding band, and went to great him. We shook hands, said hello, exchanged a few words, and then held up my hand and asked if was missing anything. Fortunately I thought to have someone video the whole thing. When he finally saw the ring it was a priceless reaction. First amazement and then some tears of joy as he grabbed me around the neck in big hug. I don't think I have ever seen someone so happy. Sorry I can't attach the video until I see if I can blur the faces. I know some of you know that wonderful feeling of restoring s precious ring, or other item to someone. Hard to describe. He and I were both blessed.
When I viewed the video I believe I saw at least one other championship ring. When things calmed down he said I want to do something for you. I said okay, just autograph a ball for me. He said okay and not only will i do that but I'm going to give you a ball signed by a close friend of mine, Sandy Koufax. That's for real. I have seen photos of the two together on the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Sandog

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I said amazing I did not mean that it was amazing that I found it, the amazing part was the experience of seeing the joy on the face of the person it was restored to. And I decided that if you could not see that in the video after blurring the faces then there was no point in doing that.

TreaShore

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (since 2012)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Your truly are good person. I have to ask just one thing. Did you did wash your hands afterwards, right? I mean, it is a Mets ring after all. hahaha. Sorry, I just had to say it.

OP
OP
Sandog

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, just in case it's noticed, when I looked at the photo of the ring I noticed a diamond missing on the lower left. I was prepared to go tear that box apart, but made a call first. Yes, thankfully he knew it was missing previous to losing it.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw the picture I was like wow that is a really nice looking class ring! Then thought hmm what league is it referring to? Not expecting a pro league!

Super cool return and experience to go with it. One of the very few in the world that can say they helped a pro find their lost championship ring! And it would seem that Sandy Koufax signature is one of the hardest there is to get.

OP
OP
Sandog

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the Honorable Mention. Was nothing that any of you would not have done.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Sandy Koufax!!!! He is the ultimate from the 60s. Read his biography. Absolutely incredible. Iโ€™m not a Dodger fan (Red Sox) but heโ€™s the ultimate.

OP
OP
Sandog

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to talk a little more with the ring owner this Sunday. I was correct in observing that he had additional rings. He has FIVE! Not wearing them all of course. One of them a World Series ring with the Dodgers.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a memorable and exciting find! You have quite a story to tell now! Congratulations! Can't beat the smiles!

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today I was privileged to find and return to an extremely overjoyed owner the ring pictured here. View attachment 2089723
At my church I hand out 200-300 seat cushions each Sunday. I was tipped off on Thursday that another church member had lost his MLB Championship ring the previous Sunday, and by a slim chance it may have slipped off when he returned some cushions at the end of the service. Today my wife and I went very early to church in order to have time to do a thorough search. I even took along my Garrett pinpointer to check the boxes after emptying them. We took out cushions one by one from the tall boxes and then I scanned the bottom flaps. On box number six when I took out the next to last cushion I heard something drop to the bottom of the box. Lo and behold, there it was. Could not miss that thing. That is a huge, chunky piece of bling! I stashed it very carefully and waited for he and his wife to arrive. When they did I slipped it on, it fit completely over my wedding band, and went to great him. We shook hands, said hello, exchanged a few words, and then held up my hand and asked if was missing anything. Fortunately I thought to have someone video the whole thing. When he finally saw the ring it was a priceless reaction. First amazement and then some tears of joy as he grabbed me around the neck in big hug. I don't think I have ever seen someone so happy. Sorry I can't attach the video until I see if I can blur the faces. I know some of you know that wonderful feeling of restoring s precious ring, or other item to someone. Hard to describe. He and I were both blessed.
When I viewed the video I believe I saw at least one other championship ring. When things calmed down he said I want to do something for you. I said okay, just autograph a ball for me. He said okay and not only will i do that but I'm going to give you a ball signed by a close friend of mine, Sandy Koufax. That's for real. I have seen photos of the two together on the net.
Nice save Sandog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread