travelorian

May 19, 2011
Owen County, Ky

Attachments

• indian artifacts.JPG
    indian artifacts.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,982
Upvote 0
Looks like a flake, a flake, and a crude worked piece. What they do tell me is that I would definitely hunt there some more.

Yeah...
It stormed here pretty bad last night, so I'm heading up to that creek here in a bit. Let ya know how it goes. I have one of those things that they use on the beach to find their treasures, so I should be able to cover a lot of ground this evening.

Could this be something or is this just a rock? It was found in a creek, so it is probably just a rock. It's cool regardless.

Attachments

• P1010079.JPG
    P1010079.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,058
  • P1010078.JPG
    P1010078.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,572
Boar tusk?
Found this not 5 feet from where I found the arrowhead.

Attachments

• boar tusk1.JPG
    boar tusk1.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 3,051
  • boar tusk2.JPG
    boar tusk2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,101
its was worn

Could this be something or is this just a rock? It was found in a creek, so it is probably just a rock. It's cool regardless.

It is certainly no rock........I just found one the other day in illinois, same shape and same placement of hole and on the back of mine you can see where it has been worn smooth due to wearing as a pendant ..............the movement and and motion back and forth caused the wear.........its a great piece............keep it!!!!!

It is certainly no rock........I just found one the other day in illinois, same shape and same placement of hole and on the back of mine you can see where it has been worn smooth due to wearing as a pendant ..............the movement and and motion back and forth caused the wear.........its a great piece............keep it!!!!!

Tool,Tool, Knife/ Scraper and Natural Rock. If the rock had some color or a reason to wear it like colors or fossils then maybe but its just a regular rock. They did drill pebbles from rivers so keep picking them up and posting your finds. Looks like you had fun. Good luck in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back