What's new

American Indian Artifacts (Kentucky)

travelorian

Jr. Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Owen County, Ky
The two on the left could be broken arrowheads, but unsure what the other piece could be. Some type of skinner maybe.
 

Attachments

  • indian artifacts.webp
    indian artifacts.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 3,027
Upvote 0
Looks like a flake, a flake, and a crude worked piece. What they do tell me is that I would definitely hunt there some more.
 
Yeah...
It stormed here pretty bad last night, so I'm heading up to that creek here in a bit. Let ya know how it goes. I have one of those things that they use on the beach to find their treasures, so I should be able to cover a lot of ground this evening.
 
Found a new piece. Right next to a geode. Twice the fun.
 

Attachments

  • arrowhead1.webp
    arrowhead1.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,006
Could this be something or is this just a rock? It was found in a creek, so it is probably just a rock. It's cool regardless.
 

Attachments

  • P1010079.webp
    P1010079.webp
    34 KB · Views: 3,085
  • P1010078.webp
    P1010078.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,595
Boar tusk?
Found this not 5 feet from where I found the arrowhead.
 

Attachments

  • boar tusk1.webp
    boar tusk1.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,074
  • boar tusk2.webp
    boar tusk2.webp
    14 KB · Views: 2,124
That last pic is a rodent incisor. How would you like to run into a mouse with choppers like that.
 
its was worn

Could this be something or is this just a rock? It was found in a creek, so it is probably just a rock. It's cool regardless.

It is certainly no rock........I just found one the other day in illinois, same shape and same placement of hole and on the back of mine you can see where it has been worn smooth due to wearing as a pendant ..............the movement and and motion back and forth caused the wear.........its a great piece............keep it!!!!!
 
It is certainly no rock........I just found one the other day in illinois, same shape and same placement of hole and on the back of mine you can see where it has been worn smooth due to wearing as a pendant ..............the movement and and motion back and forth caused the wear.........its a great piece............keep it!!!!!
 
Tool,Tool, Knife/ Scraper and Natural Rock. If the rock had some color or a reason to wear it like colors or fossils then maybe but its just a regular rock. They did drill pebbles from rivers so keep picking them up and posting your finds. Looks like you had fun. Good luck in the future.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom