ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John thru gunsight solstice sunrise 5.jpg Lion thru gunsight solstice sunrise.jpg

-continued-

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the Journey continues....jpg

..... And so my Journey continues. wine gif.gif :icon_sunny:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I love our trees, back here in the Ozarks, I can see that you have a great site, even though we haven’t seen it all , yet.

I particularly appreciate the two photos with the hawks. The first one sitting atop the large stone mound, looking at the split between the highest stones.

I can see that you will have some long term studies and some emergent results that will take you in and out of the field, with some “Hory clap!” Results.

I am also fairly certain that we all are thinking 🤔

Dang, I wish I could be there!

Thanks for taking us along with you, to the extent of your photos and pieces of information.

One question... you don’t have to answer, if I am crossing a line...
did the gunsight hit the head of John??
It looks to be more lit up than the rest of the monument in post 521!?!

So many things to see, just in this small display, it is a marvelous place to be.

Continued prayers and success for you both.

#/;0{>~(c)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gun sights are a term used for sight alignment. Despite guns of old not seldom having rear sights more than informal references when held the same way . That said...What to align the "sight" with?
A point behind can be a reference as well as one ahead could to establish line of sight.
Viewers head has to be just right. (Eye direction ,cheek position ect...)

All that to say , I'd be looking for a view using the notch the St.'s head rests in to the high ground beyond. And also the direction it is/was facing. Just because.:icon_scratch:
At least I would know the heads position to duplicate. Though it may not still be original position from it's original placement.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Back y'all, sorry for the delay in posting the pics from Solstice Sunrise. Took me a bit to choose which ones I felt comfortable posting, and Dog and I spent most of today getting the RV outfitted for the long run. This is getting more interesting by the day and just when I was ready to step back and cool my heels a bit in confusion, Solstice smacks me in the forehead with some confirmation and I'm off and running again, lol.

While I can't share all the details, I can share some cool new pics that I think are pretty astounding as they reveal some aspects of the "John" monument we hadn't noticed before. Namely, the Lion head. I don't know how familiar any of you are with the relationship between John the Baptist and the Lion, but it involves Saint Mark the Evangelist.

The winged lion is the symbol of St. Mark the Evangelist. This symbol comes from St. Mark's description of John the Baptist's voice "crying out in the wilderness" upon hearing the Word of God (Mark 1:3). His voice is said to have sounded like that of a roaring lion. This lion symbolism also appears in a vision of the Prophet Ezekiel where four winged creatures represent the four evangelists (Ezekiel 1:10).

Saint Mark, represented as a lion, is also derived from the prophetic visions contained in the verse Revelations 4:7. The lion is one of the four living creatures described in the book as a place around the throne of the Almighty and they are chosen as symbols of the four evangelists. Matthew is depicted as a human, Mark as a lion, Luke as a bull, and John of course as the Martyr who lost his head (and sometimes he is depicted as an eagle).

Sound crazy? I thought so too at first. But when I combine that with the obvious Solstice alignment between the Gunsight, the John Monument, the Lion, and the Marker Monuments nearby......it becomes hard to discount it as coincidence. It may turn out to be another rabbit hole, but it's a train of thought I intend to follow for a bit just to see where it goes. :wink:

And now......Pics! :icon_sunny:

View attachment 1726073 View attachment 1726075

View attachment 1726076 View attachment 1726077

-continued-

SIZE=2]How could John the Baptist have written the Gospel of John, when that same Gospel tells about his death? Maybe I shouldn't get bogged[ down with questions like this when I try to read my Bible, but I can't help it.

[/SIZE]

https://billygraham.org/answer/how-...-like-this-when-i-try-to-read-my-bible-but-i/

John the Baptist wasn’t the author of the Gospel of John; it was written by another man who was also named John. He was one of Jesus’ 12 disciples, and therefore was an eyewitness to the events he recorded. In one of his letters he wrote, “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard” (1 John 1:3).

John the apostle, was also called John the Beloved, because Christ loved him more than all the other apostles. He knew John had a special mission and he tried to prepare John for it.
John the Baptist was the cousin of Jesus and six months older than Jesus. John’s mission was to prepare the people for the coming of the Savior of all mankind. After he completed his mission by baptizing Jesus, he was killed.
BTW: John the apostle wrote the Gospel of John and the book of Revelation. When Jesus appeared to his apostles after his resurrection, he told them to ask whatever they would of him and he would grant it. John waited until last. The other ten apostles asked to live a full life, bringing many souls to God, and the privilege of sitting on the right hand of Christ in heaven. Those wishes were granted. John asked that he be able to continue preaching to the people until Jesus Christ returns to Earth in power and glory. Jesus also granted that wish and John the Beloved is still alive. The authorities tried to kill him several times, and finally they put him on the island of Patmos where he wrote his books. There is no record of John’s death and, according to his granted wish, he still walks the Earth today, preaching the Gospel and helping the people.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-stories/death-of-john-the-baptist-bible-story.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SIZE=2]How could John the Baptist have written the Gospel of John, when that same Gospel tells about his death? Maybe I shouldn't get bogged[ down with questions like this when I try to read my Bible, but I can't help it.

[/SIZE]

https://billygraham.org/answer/how-...-like-this-when-i-try-to-read-my-bible-but-i/

John the Baptist wasn’t the author of the Gospel of John; it was written by another man who was also named John. He was one of Jesus’ 12 disciples, and therefore was an eyewitness to the events he recorded. In one of his letters he wrote, “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard” (1 John 1:3).

John the apostle, was also called John the Beloved, because Christ loved him more than all the other apostles. He knew John had a special mission and he tried to prepare John for it.
John the Baptist was the cousin of Jesus and six months older than Jesus. John’s mission was to prepare the people for the coming of the Savior of all mankind. After he completed his mission by baptizing Jesus, he was killed.
BTW: John the apostle wrote the Gospel of John and the book of Revelation. When Jesus appeared to his apostles after his resurrection, he told them to ask whatever they would of him and he would grant it. John waited until last. The other ten apostles asked to live a full life, bringing many souls to God, and the privilege of sitting on the right hand of Christ in heaven. Those wishes were granted. John asked that he be able to continue preaching to the people until Jesus Christ returns to Earth in power and glory. Jesus also granted that wish and John the Beloved is still alive. The authorities tried to kill him several times, and finally they put him on the island of Patmos where he wrote his books. There is no record of John’s death and, according to his granted wish, he still walks the Earth today, preaching the Gospel and helping the people.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-stories/death-of-john-the-baptist-bible-story.html

Thanks for the Bible lesson and for pointing out my error in combining the two in my statement. :notworthy:

My statement should have read....

The winged lion is the symbol of St. Mark the Evangelist. This symbol comes from St. Mark's description of John the Baptist's voice "crying out in the wilderness" upon hearing the Word of God (Mark 1:3). His voice is said to have sounded like that of a roaring lion. This lion symbolism also appears in a vision of the Prophet Ezekiel where four winged creatures represent the four evangelists (Ezekiel 1:10).

Saint Mark, represented as a Lion, is Also derived from the prophetic visions contained in the verse Revelations 4:7. The lion is one of the four living creatures described in the book as a place around the throne of the Almighty and they are chosen as symbols of the four evangelists. Matthew is depicted as a human, Mark as a lion, Luke as a bull, and John the Apostle as an eagle.

John the Baptist is most commonly represented as the Martyr who lost his head (which just happens to be resting atop the winged Lion's back on the 'John Monument' depicted here.

Better? :)

So, that begs the question.......since the 'revelation' of the Lion, should this monument be better described as a Mark Monument, bearing John the Baptist into or out of the wilderness? :dontknow:

John Monument-or-Mark Monument.jpg

:coffee2:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, one more thing, although there are some other things on the snail/lion that I don't feel like to disclosing atm.

This other picture wasn't photographed at the perfect time of day, but it is supposed to be a skull/face/lion head , whatever looking at something and it's done in shadow form to hide it, as well as done as something you see from a long distance to bring you in close, where looks like nothing whatsoever up close ( you often only see it by thumb-nailing the photo and it has been discussed before).. It is specifically looking at a gunsite/peepsite you climb up to in the cliff side and look thru (it's left eye with the drill hole looks right at it). View attachment 1725577 The skull /face whatever is actually outlined as a heart with missing lobe shape, I just didn't draw it that well. These things all repeat over and over again at every site. There are images within images and images made up of other images.. It's just wading thru it all and it can drive you nuts figuring it out. There may not be a legitimate solution.

My apologies, Q, I overlooked your post. Thanks, that was interesting.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome doesn't do it justice!
Good luck!
Here's hoping ��
-Weekender

Thank you Mike! ;D

Keep those fingers crossed, I can use all the luck I can get. :notworthy:

Hope all is well with you with the flooding and otherwise!

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I love our trees, back here in the Ozarks, I can see that you have a great site, even though we haven’t seen it all , yet.

I particularly appreciate the two photos with the hawks. The first one sitting atop the large stone mound, looking at the split between the highest stones.

I can see that you will have some long term studies and some emergent results that will take you in and out of the field, with some “Hory clap!” Results.

I am also fairly certain that we all are thinking 🤔

Dang, I wish I could be there!

Thanks for taking us along with you, to the extent of your photos and pieces of information.

One question... you don’t have to answer, if I am crossing a line...
did the gunsight hit the head of John??
It looks to be more lit up than the rest of the monument in post 521!?!

So many things to see, just in this small display, it is a marvelous place to be.

Continued prayers and success for you both.

#/;0{>~(c)

Loved those hawks! They followed us everywhere we went. Even some buzzards gave us a bow that day....

Buzzard salute.jpg

(Edited to add: I think the stubborn one snooting us off was Maverick's familiar. :tongue3: :laughing7:)

And thank you so much, we are having a blast out here, wish you were here to share the fun. :notworthy:

Yes, the gunsight lined up with John's head perfectly, with the Lion just outside the 'sight on one side. You can see the shadow of it between them. Don't hesitate about asking questions, all are welcomed. If I can't answer one for whatever reason I will just say so, no offense taken and none meant. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gun sights are a term used for sight alignment. Despite guns of old not seldom having rear sights more than informal references when held the same way . That said...What to align the "sight" with?
A point behind can be a reference as well as one ahead could to establish line of sight.
Viewers head has to be just right. (Eye direction ,cheek position ect...)

All that to say , I'd be looking for a view using the notch the St.'s head rests in to the high ground beyond. And also the direction it is/was facing. Just because.:icon_scratch:
At least I would know the heads position to duplicate. Though it may not still be original position from it's original placement.

You are exactly right, RC, that notch the head rests in lines up directly with the gunsight on the hill opposite and above on the horizon. And "what's beyond" is where I'm headed next. Love the way you think, my friend. :icon_thumright:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Loved those hawks! They followed us everywhere we went. Even some buzzards gave us a bow that day....

View attachment 1726311

(Edited to add: I think the stubborn one snooting us off was Maverick's familiar. :tongue3: :laughing7:)

And thank you so much, we are having a blast out here, wish you were here to share the fun. :notworthy:

Yes, the gunsight lined up with John's head perfectly, with the Lion just outside the 'sight on one side. You can see the shadow of it between them. Don't hesitate about asking questions, all are welcomed. If I can't answer one for whatever reason I will just say so, no offense taken and none meant. :icon_thumright:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't hesitate about asking questions, all are welcomed. If I can't answer one for whatever reason I will just say so, no offense taken and none meant. :icon_thumright:

If you're searching for links to Roman Catholic lore and symbology, why match things up to the Summer Solstice sunrise? Isn't the Winter Solstice more appropriate?

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're searching for links to Roman Catholic lore and symbology, why match things up to the Summer Solstice sunrise? Isn't the Winter Solstice more appropriate?

Only if I were making a connection to the birth of Christ. But I'm not. I'm on a different Bus.

Careful with that Confirmation Bias and making assumptions. :wink:

thrown under the bus.gif

:tongue3:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for posting your photos most people will not share this to much anymore they are very interesting some of the monuments have been well engineered. R1.jpg R1.jpg

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for posting your photos most people will not share this to much anymore they are very interesting some of the monuments have been well engineered. View attachment 1726449 View attachment 1726449

They are indeed, Cyzak, and deadly for those who don't know what they're doing. I refer to this one as a 'baited bear trap'.....it 'bears' watching, but only as a distraction from what's not so obvious to anyone who may stumble across it. Sometimes curiosity and greed make bad bedfellows. :wink:

You think these pics are neat, just imagine the ones I can't share. In a perfect world, right?

Until such a day, I'm happy to share what I can. Glad you are enjoying them. :icon_thumright:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Look thru the mouth of the lion /snail. It's likely a sideways gunsite to a separate spot since it's so open and "notched out". The mouth represents an entrance /opening and you sometimes look across /thru them to certain locations. Yes the lion can represent Mark Biblically on many sites (which is likely an afterthought) and there are bible versed locations. But they are not necessarily all completely straightforward.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread