ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
:notworthy:

Thank you for that link, Steve, that same booklet is available to read online at Hathitrust Digital Library (and should be required reading IMHO)...

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=inu.32000014248506&view=1up&seq=14

Being proscribed from discussing the subject matter here on the forum, I will leave the reader to form their own opinions. :wink:

But as to your quote regarding "Karma", it's not Karma in its true sense if the individuals suffering the consequences of those past actions are not the perpetrators themselves, but merely those governed by them. In effect, Same as it ever was.

The only solution is Dissolution. Though I doubt we will see it in our lifetime. :-\

And that's all I got to say about that. :-X

I agree, but nations are entities too and we eventually pay for the sins of our fathers. Unfortunately, the good citizens of Deming are today's recipients.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Right now I'm mulling over how I'm going to get myself into position for the Solstice sunrise Friday morning, without stepping on a Mojave Green while traipsing to the site in the dark. Not liking the images that come to mind. :icon_pale:

Remember, the sun's position, including sunrises/sunsets, will be virtually the same for a period of 2-3 days before and after the solstice date - the word means, "stand still". At least so close that you will never be able to measure or see the difference.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, the sun's position, including sunrises/sunsets, will be virtually the same for a period of 2-3 days before and after the solstice date - the word means, "stand still". At least so close that you will never be able to measure or see the difference.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But will it be close enough to line up with something this small, on the hilltop opposite the decapitated head?

Just something I noticed while there.... :dontknow:

opposite decapitated head.png

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560989007.995082.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560989054.560485.jpg

I pointed that little fella out to a couple of kayakers this afternoon.

That little fella bit the guy that was handling it at least four times before he and his friend could complete a video for his website.

I showed my little sister the video, after taking her to the same spot to teach her how to pan for gold.

I think she forgave me, after I reminded her that she found twice as much gold as I did....!

#/;0{>~(c)

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_silent:

You ain't right, Mikel.
Thanks, now I'll never be able to sleep till after the Solstice. :coffee:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said don’t worry, it just looks like a copperhead.

I wasn’t persuaded that he was right, and when it bit him on the end of his finger, I thought to myself, I hope he knows what he’s talking about.

He was still walking the last I saw him....

#/;0{>~(c)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, if not tomorrow morning ( I know that you have a very hectic schedule) try to look to the west for the shadow of this,
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561041317.329394.jpg

Stand in front of it and make your shadow in at least one photo!

I figure that you already planned to do that, but just in case you are thinking about everything else that you must do, I would hate myself, if you weren’t thinking about it and me not saying it.

Some of my greatest regrets are the pictures that I did not take.

Take care of yourself, our little TNET world is watching and hoping and even praying for your success.

I’m sorry that I freaked you out with the snake pictures.... I know that you dress for success and safety.

Happy hunting.
God bless.

#/;0{>~(c)

Feb 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent you the link you asked for, Rog. Thanks for thinking of me.

Hi Mdog
got it , I'll post some directions to the French Trapper's Cache when I get near Civilization again .
Your story in the Link , was discussed between a Man I met in Datil N.M. and I , he was from the San Luis Valley area .

His Tips and some pointers , took me close to the site , from that point , I watched for the " Signs " to a Cache .
Rog'

Wyoming and Idaho 004.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, if not tomorrow morning ( I know that you have a very hectic schedule) try to look to the west for the shadow of this,
View attachment 1724791

Stand in front of it and make your shadow in at least one photo!

I figure that you already planned to do that, but just in case you are thinking about everything else that you must do, I would hate myself, if you weren’t thinking about it and me not saying it.

Some of my greatest regrets are the pictures that I did not take.

Take care of yourself, our little TNET world is watching and hoping and even praying for your success.

I’m sorry that I freaked you out with the snake pictures.... I know that you dress for success and safety.

Happy hunting.
God bless.

#/;0{>~(c)

Thank you! I had planned on looking for the shadow and taking pics, but your suggestion to stand in front of it to see MY shadow is a new one to me? Could you elaborate on that? And I'm a bit confused, do you mean stand in front of the Gunsight, or in front of whatever the Gunsight's shadow reveals??

I'm so glad you thought to tell me this!

And don't worry about the snake thingy, it's just something I have to get over. Having been bitten twice before (Copperheads), and not enjoying it a bit to say the least, I have developed a phobia about them. You wanna hear something funny? Yesterday evening, right at dusk, I opened the door on the RV and stepped down to throw out some watermelon rind....and damn near stepped on a Diamondback before he had a chance to buzz. No joke. He was right beside the steps. We were both offended. I backed right up those steps and he went under the camper.

Maybe it's by Grand Design that I'm here, in the snakiest place I've ever been, in order to cure me of that phobia. I just hope there is a reward once I pass the test.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The S...

Thank you! I had planned on looking for the shadow and taking pics, but your suggestion to stand in front of it to see MY shadow is a new one to me? Could you elaborate on that? And I'm a bit confused, do you mean stand in front of the Gunsight, or in front of whatever the Gunsight's shadow reveals??

I'm so glad you thought to tell me this!

And don't worry about the snake thingy, it's just something I have to get over. Having been bitten twice before (Copperheads), and not enjoying it a bit to say the least, I have developed a phobia about them. You wanna hear something funny? Yesterday evening, right at dusk, I opened the door on the RV and stepped down to throw out some watermelon rind....and damn near stepped on a Diamondback before he had a chance to buzz. No joke. He was right beside the steps. We were both offended. I backed right up those steps and he went under the camper.

Maybe it's by Grand Design that I'm here, in the snakiest place I've ever been, in order to cure me of that phobia. I just hope there is a reward once I pass the test.

That first bit was poorly worded, so I’ll try to clear it up.

First place that camera inside the gunsight and get the clean shot of the target [emoji457].

Second, get your head and shoulders centered around the gunsight, and take another shot.

Comparing them side by side. The long shadow will give you a large and small search area. In the days to come you can find your shadow as you walk towards your target area and reduce your search time by extrapolation.
Your sunrise shadow will be huge but narrow, just look for the exclamation point. “!” You will be standing on it.

Good luck [emoji256]

By the way, sulfur and mothballs are excellent snake repellent. Available at Walmart...

I am posting this as the USA [emoji631] ladies soccer team beat the Swedish team 2-0.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Plus I’m cooking a rack of Baby Back Ribs. It’s about time to start the beans...

I hope that I have made sense of this.
I can screwup plenty, even when I am doing just one thing at a time.

I’ll be praying for ya and DTTH for a safe and successful day, tomorrow.

#/80{>~(c)

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Mdog
got it , I'll post some directions to the French Trapper's Cache when I get near Civilization again .
Your story in the Link , was discussed between a Man I met in Datil N.M. and I , he was from the San Luis Valley area .

His Tips and some pointers , took me close to the site , from that point , I watched for the " Signs " to a Cache .
Rog'

View attachment 1724835

That would be great, Rog. Could you please post that information on Randy Bradford's thread on the Treasure Legends forum titled, Treasure Mountain CO.- Lost Frenchmens Gold. A lot of folks have been following that thread and they would love to hear what you found. I'm curious about the type of markers you followed and how you picked up the trail. Thanks Roger. By the way, I bumped Randy's thread so it will be easy for you to spot.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dit. On that second picture, the direction the head is looking could give you a clue as to who put it there. St. John the Baptist was one of the holy men who lost his head. His holy day is June 24th which is also a couple days off from the summer solstice. The Templars were big fans of St. John so if the head is facing to the NE, solstice sunrise, it might indicate Templar or even freemason influence.

Mdog, you were right on the money about the Solstice sunrise. Now I'm gonna throw another one at you.

It's amazing what sunlight does to these creations, or should I say the angle of the sun. We also took photos at sunset just to see what happened. To show the difference, here is the original again with the sun coming from the ENE......

Saint John the Baptist.jpg

Here is the same formation (which I've now named John) with the sun coming from the sunset this time.....

john the baptist at sunset solstice 6-21.jpg

Is it just me, or does that now look like the head is on the back of a Winged Lion? :icon_scratch:

And remember me talking about how my sense of direction and depth perception got all screwed up walking around this site? Look at the difference in background of these two pics with only a minor adjustment to viewing angle. Is that not the damnedest thing you ever saw?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog, you were right on the money about the Solstice sunrise. Now I'm gonna throw another one at you.

It's amazing what sunlight does to these creations, or should I say the angle of the sun. We also took photos at sunset just to see what happened. To show the difference, here is the original again with the sun coming from the ENE......

View attachment 1725381

Here is the same formation (which I've now named John) with the sun coming from the sunset this time.....

View attachment 1725383

Is it just me, or does that now look like the head is on the back of a Winged Lion? :icon_scratch:

And remember me talking about how my sense of direction and depth perception got all screwed up walking around this site? Look at the difference in background of these two pics with only a minor adjustment to viewing angle. Is that not the damnedest thing you ever saw?

A good photographer might be able to explain the depth difference between the morning and evening pictures. The rock and sand are going to be a lot hotter in the evening, maybe that has something to do with it. About two hours before sunset, my eyes start giving me problems with depth perception, but that wouldn’t make a difference with a photo. Definite difference in your pictures.

It is amazing how quickly the sun can change shadows on terrain features. What is even more amazing is, who in the hell took the time to figure this stuff out? The formation does look like it has a lion head, especially at sunset. Reminds me of some ancient Mediterranean sculptures.

So what are your thoughts after your solstice observations?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Something else about the lion head at sunset. It seems to show evidence of sculpting at the front edge and the back of the mane. Good pics. Thanks Dit.:notworthy:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good photographer might be able to explain the depth difference between the morning and evening pictures. The rock and sand are going to be a lot hotter in the evening, maybe that has something to do with it. About two hours before sunset, my eyes start giving me problems with depth perception, but that wouldn’t make a difference with a photo. Definite difference in your pictures.

It is amazing how quickly the sun can change shadows on terrain features. What is even more amazing is, who in the hell took the time to figure this stuff out? The formation does look like it has a lion head, especially at sunset. Reminds me of some ancient Mediterranean sculptures.

So what are your thoughts after your solstice observations?

Honestly? I'm even more confused. But DTTH seems to understand it all. Maybe I should take a step back and let him do the talking for awhile, take a break and just study things a bit. :dontknow:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit.
Don’t disappear too long at a time.
But do take time to study all of your photos.

It’s too easy to say what you think about something before you have had enough time to think it through.

I’ve been there and done that!

You have a great deal to look through.
I’m sure that we are eager to see what you have. Your “John “, was a good catch. And an amazing change.

I look forward to seeing the rest!

#/;0{>~(c)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, one more thing, although there are some other things on the snail/lion that I don't feel like to disclosing atm.

This other picture wasn't photographed at the perfect time of day, but it is supposed to be a skull/face/lion head , whatever looking at something and it's done in shadow form to hide it, as well as done as something you see from a long distance to bring you in close, where looks like nothing whatsoever up close ( you often only see it by thumb-nailing the photo and it has been discussed before).. It is specifically looking at a gunsite/peepsite you climb up to in the cliff side and look thru (it's left eye with the drill hole looks right at it). another gunsite.jpg The skull /face whatever is actually outlined as a heart with missing lobe shape, I just didn't draw it that well. These things all repeat over and over again at every site. There are images within images and images made up of other images.. It's just wading thru it all and it can drive you nuts figuring it out. There may not be a legitimate solution.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, one more thing, although there are some other things on the snail/lion that I don't feel like to disclosing atm.

This other picture wasn't photographed at the perfect time of day, but it is supposed to be a skull/face/lion head , whatever looking at something and it's done in shadow form to hide it, as well as done as something you see from a long distance to bring you in close, where looks like nothing whatsoever up close ( you often only see it by thumb-nailing the photo and it has been discussed before).. It is specifically looking at a gunsite/peepsite you climb up to in the cliff side and look thru (it's left eye with the drill hole looks right at it). View attachment 1725577 The skull /face whatever is actually outlined as a heart with missing lobe shape, I just didn't draw it that well. These things all repeat over and over again at every site. There are images within images and images made up of other images.. It's just wading thru it all and it can drive you nuts figuring it out. There may not be a legitimate solution.

That is one of the coolest monuments I have looked at, I knew it had so much more thanks Q for showing us the lay out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back y'all, sorry for the delay in posting the pics from Solstice Sunrise. Took me a bit to choose which ones I felt comfortable posting, and Dog and I spent most of today getting the RV outfitted for the long run. This is getting more interesting by the day and just when I was ready to step back and cool my heels a bit in confusion, Solstice smacks me in the forehead with some confirmation and I'm off and running again, lol.

While I can't share all the details, I can share some cool new pics that I think are pretty astounding as they reveal some aspects of the "John" monument we hadn't noticed before. Namely, the Lion head. I don't know how familiar any of you are with the relationship between John the Baptist and the Lion, but it involves Saint Mark the Evangelist.

The winged lion is the symbol of St. Mark the Evangelist. This symbol comes from St. Mark's description of John the Baptist's voice "crying out in the wilderness" upon hearing the Word of God (Mark 1:3). His voice is said to have sounded like that of a roaring lion. This lion symbolism also appears in a vision of the Prophet Ezekiel where four winged creatures represent the four evangelists (Ezekiel 1:10).

Saint Mark, represented as a lion, is also derived from the prophetic visions contained in the verse Revelations 4:7. The lion is one of the four living creatures described in the book as a place around the throne of the Almighty and they are chosen as symbols of the four evangelists. Matthew is depicted as a human, Mark as a lion, Luke as a bull, and John of course as the Martyr who lost his head (and sometimes he is depicted as an eagle).

Sound crazy? I thought so too at first. But when I combine that with the obvious Solstice alignment between the Gunsight, the John Monument, the Lion, and the Marker Monuments nearby......it becomes hard to discount it as coincidence. It may turn out to be another rabbit hole, but it's a train of thought I intend to follow for a bit just to see where it goes. :wink:

And now......Pics! :icon_sunny:

Twilight.jpg Solstice sunrise beginning.jpg

Solstice Sunrise 6-21-19.jpg Marker monument on horizon solstice sunrise.jpg

-continued-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread