What's new

Another commemorative and more silver

CJ9

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
When I went to the bank the other day and got the $2 of loose halves which included the Stone Mountain commemorative and 2 Walkers (prior post), the tellers offered up another $10 roll, which was all bicentennial clad. At the time, I assumed that was all they had. I went back today to ask if they had any more halves and they had $50 CWR. The rolls looked the same as the clad roll I had gotten the other day, so I thought I was getting a bunch of clad. And I did as the first 2 rolls were all clad.

The third roll turned out to be a winner:

1893 Columbus commemorative (and ender, too)
1908-D Barber
1945 Walker
1951-S Franklin
1958-D Franklin
the roll also included the Irish florin (2 shillings) from 1965. Didn't mind that, given I got silver

halves 9-4obv.webphalves 9-4rev.webp


Roll 4 was all clad

Roll 5 had 7 Walkers

1917, 1935, 1941, 1942, 1944, 1945 (x2)

halves 9-4.webp


thanks for looking and HH
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations! Great finds! You did really GOOD!
 
It's not often that a commemorative found is older than the Barber. Keep mining that vein. You are bound to join the Seated club.
 
Nice going, especially the Barber, Columbender, and Walkers!
 
OMG...why are we digging!:occasion14:
 
Go back and get all the other denominations they will sell you!
 
dang man that's awesome
 
It's not often that a commemorative found is older than the Barber. Keep mining that vein. You are bound to join the Seated club.

Thanks. Waiting to join the seated club. I have never found a seated half. Got a seated dime in a MWR some 12 years ago.
 
Go back and get all the other denominations they will sell you!

When I first went into the bank earlier in the week and I got the $2 in loose halves and a $10 CWR, I asked for dimes, nickels, and pennies. They didn't have any dimes (shortage), and they sold me some nickels and pennies - got skunked. This branch reopened only fairly recently after being closed since March, so it I wouldn't be surprised if the halves had been sitting there for 6 months or more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom