What's new

Another OLD & BIG silver coin spill

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the spot I got the 73 silver coin spill before and found another spill about ten feet away in the grass that was to long to hunt before. I was on lunch break today and got 15 coins out of the hole and went back after work and just now and got 5 more. I'm sure the hole is cleaned out but I'm going to continuously check around there every now and then. The first coin out was a barber quarter and I was psyched over that. Rechecked the hole and sure enough it was like last time were there was constant more hits. In the end I got 13 silver quarters and 7 silver dimes. They are mostly Canadian but I have 3 barbers and 1 standing Liberty. I'll get back later and post the dates. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454619896.090254.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454619910.921460.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454619919.024028.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454619926.622867.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454619935.579202.webp
 
Upvote 118
What an amazing find. This was obviously an old cache (or maybe more than one in close proximity) that was unknowingly disturbed at some point and just sat there waiting for you to find it....twice! I voted banner. Major congrats! Any key dates on those Canadian coins?

I think out of this spill the best Canadian quarter is the 1911. I wish I would have nailed a couple 1927 quarters though! [emoji2]
 
Well done... Again.
I smell a banner in that ground. :P
 
Well done... Again.
I smell a banner in that ground. :P

I'm hoping any one of these show up there nearby...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455106783.144627.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455106792.530293.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455106800.062109.webp
 
Your new nickname : cache man !
 
I forgot to add that the $3.95 lost in say 1929 would equal to losing $54.75 today! [emoji106]
 
Amazing isn't it, old money increases in value and new money decreases.
 
I thought I'd bring up this thread to say goodbye to the spot I found two big great silver spills. Was talking to the owner and found out the rest of the area is getting fill and a big garage going up. I already checked many times for more coins so I'm sure it's cleaned but it's always sad to see the last of a old property disappear. I am glad they waited so long to do it after filling and building the new main house though because the coins would have never been found!
 
A find to remember, for sure!
A SPECIAL congrats to you! :thumbsup:
 
This is the second time you snuck in on my dream and stole my silver, I want it back. Lol
Unbelievable!!
 
Wow , I'm just now seeing this dream find now - saw the link while revisiting the other dream come true !
 
Amazing spill. Again! I sure wish you would post some close-ups of the coins!!!!!!!!!!!! Please?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom