What's new

Another park find

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today at the park i found this tag. The top says D & H.C. Co. In the middle it says station agent. On the back it says John Robbins Manufacturer Boston MA . I believe The tag is Delaware & Hudson Rail Road Company. Any help finding out how old this is or where the tag may have been mounted or anything about the maker Would be greatly Appreciated .
 

Attachments

  • detect 021.webp
    detect 021.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 458
Does this help?
 

Attachments

  • detect_021 negative.webp
    detect_021 negative.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
I dont know the size but my guess would be for a RR station agents cap.
 
Upvote 0
They dropped the Canal from the company name in 1899, so I would think it was no newer than that, although any particular badge might have been in use for a while longer.
 
Upvote 0
One mans trash... said:
They dropped the Canal from the company name in 1899, so I would think it was no newer than that, although any particular badge might have been in use for a while longer.
Yup. Here's the company history for you http://www.trainweb.org/pt/dh.html
 
Upvote 0
sscindercoop,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
sscindercoop,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear.

Thank you, I did not know that. I'm copying and pasting this info. Thank you again.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
i do belive it is for a cap.i recently discovered a cashe of r.r luggage claim tags.alot of my tags are j.robbins boston.he was in the brass tag bussiness from mid 1800s to the turn of the centry about.deffinately 1800s.congradulations on the find.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom