What's new

Another personal dream box... and one month totals...

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Just finished going through 2 boxes of halves.

The first box yielded 21 40% halves, and 16 90% halves (1964). I also found a 1911S half dollar and a 1938 half dollar.

The second box yielded 12 40% halves and 2 90% halves and a 1973D half that had been gold plated.


Ive been doing this for one month.

Ive gone through 4000 dollars worth of half dollars and found 70 40% Kennedy Halves, 18 90% Kennedy Halves, a 1953 Franklin Half, a 1938 Walking Liberty Half, a 1911S Barber Half, and a 1946 Booker T Washington Commemorative half.

That works out to 1.15% of my boxes being silver...

Is that about average?


Also out of 8 boxes, Ive been skunked twice so far...


Next week I'm going to start going through 4 boxes a week.
 
Upvote 0
You're off to a great start Placerman. It took me over 2 years to find my 1st Barber half and you found one in your 1st month. The commemorative is still on my wish list. Congrats and great #s! BTW, check that 38 for a D mintmark if you haven't already, a 1938-D is a key date.
 
I checked twice...lol

I was surprised to see the 1911 with an S mint mark. I was hoping it was rare but oh well...


I just checked and the silver value of my finds this month are 321.52.

Not bad at all if I do say so myself.
 
No rhyme or explanation, been at it 8 months now, have had as many as 16 SKUNKers in row, and have had some spectacular finds too; 2 Boxes over 500, 1 over 250, another 12 over 100 and couple dozen tweenst 20 and 99, and a whole slew of them that produced 1 to a few. Total Silver is now over 4200, and figure near 700 are %90's. :occasion18: :laughing11:
 
I would say your above average. I go through 4k in a week and get nothing. Like others have said, its usually feast or famine. My longest skunk run is 16 and broke it with a box with 126 silvers in it. I would be curious if anyone keeps track of each box they do and has any percentage numbers. I am just too lazy to do it...
 
I'm keeping track of the boxes I do.

95% of my silver came from three boxes.

Two boxes were skunks and the other three yielded just one or two halves each.
 
good start there placerman. Wanna give me a clue on how to get a close shave (11 months and counting)?? :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
You very well could be in beginners luck zone. Great box but above average for most.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom