What's new

Another rock from a mohawk walk

Definitely natural. Those holes are called Vugs and are formed by something eroding out and most likely a fossil.
 
i know what a vug is. These arent vugs. The little pockets I find crystals in are vugs. Seems like if this was natural I'd see more like this. I dont know, maybe worm holes but not vugs. Why is it that the 2 holes that are drilled all the way through have a slightly tapered entrance. The cross on the side has one hole that goes sideways compared to the other holes.
 
i know what a vug is. These arent vugs. The little pockets I find crystals in are vugs. Seems like if this was natural I'd see more like this. I dont know, maybe worm holes but not vugs. Why is it that the 2 holes that are drilled all the way through have a slightly tapered entrance. The cross on the side has one hole that goes sideways compared to the other holes.

You did ask right? "Whatcha think? Native or natural?" Don't fear the Reaper.....
 
It is natural, I found many of them in Missouri and Illinois with holes like that, there was no signs of drilling in them.
 
I wasnt trying to be argumentative and I apologize if it seems to have come out that way. That wasnt my intention and it is what it is. If its natural then its natural. No amount of wishing is gonna change that lol. I have a lot of rocks that I wish were artifacts and really feel like they should be. Most of them turn out to be naturally occuring. I'll keep searching and posting and again I'm sorry for the way that came off. We often lose context through reading words when we cant see the expressions that go with them. Thank you for your time and have a good one man. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom