Its 8:30 AM here on the west coast and I have been researching the "J Hudson Co." for about an hour ... but without success connecting the "H/Diamond" logo to that company. I also checked the patent numbers I mentioned, but they must be foreign as none of them match U.S. patents.
So unless someone has already done so, I'm going to take creskol's advice and contact the Whistle Museum. However, if someone has already done this, please let me know so as not to send duplicate inquiries. I will wait until around noon Pacific Time before emailing the museum and will let everyone know if/when I do.
In the meantime, here are a couple of things I did find that may be of interest. The first link refers to a Japanese logo described as "KK in a Diamond." With so much corrosion on the whistle, I am beginning to think the various letters and marks could be almost anything.
The second link refers to marks on certain whistles, and that some of them used an "H" to indicated "Hospital." And an "A" for "Asylum," which is where I'm going to admit myself if we don't solve this thing soon.
Except for possibly contacting the Whistle Museum later, I'm calling it quits because this thing has me stumped. We knew it was a whistle from page one, but made by who and when is still the $64.00 question ... with my 2-cents worth not amounting to very much so far.
Again, please let me know if someone has already contacted the Museum.
Thanks.
SBB
http://whistlemuseum.com/2009/05/30/compass-whistles-seven-types--subgroups-a-strauss-2.aspx
The under-strengthening is typical to Chinese and Japanese ones. It would need a closer look. My guess is late 40s Japan U.S Zone to early 1950's Japan made by a firm that later used KK in diamond logo in very similar but cheaper models, and a hump back top loop.
http://www.whistlemuseum.com/
When the final letter in a set of intials on a whistle is A it usually stands for Asylum and H for Hospital.