What's new

any ideas?

birdman

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
7,467
Reaction score
2,418
Golden Thread
1
Location
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two tops in an old bottle pit. Any Ideas ? I am thinking they were used to poor creamer or maybe milk but I have no clue. They may be silver that is badly tarnished but not sure.I do know that the bottles from the pit have been from the late 1800s.One of them has a patent date of July 1872. They look like they would fit on top of a jug or large bottle of some kind and the tops are hinged and they have pour spouts inside.
 

Attachments

  • 100_5589.webp
    100_5589.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 100_5610.webp
    100_5610.webp
    230.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 100_5589.webp
    100_5589.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 428
  • 100_5610.webp
    100_5610.webp
    230.1 KB · Views: 432
The top pic looks like part of a Beer Stein :dontknow: :dontknow:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
holy cow man.... do you always store glass on your AIR raft? :o just kidding. looks like the top to a beer stien to me.
 
Upvote 0
If you can get a better picture it would be great. :icon_thumleft: Can't tell if it's hinged or not but it looks like a pewter lidded cream or sugar container. Any markings on the bottom or inside?
 
Upvote 0
An egg poacher if it's metal. There should have been an insert to dip it out after it's done. If not metal I have no clue. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

I would think these are related to the “improvement in jug tops” patent granted to Homer Wright of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania:

Jug.webp
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

I would think these are related to the “improvement in jug tops” patent granted to Homer Wright of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania:

View attachment 2127778
They’re definitely jug tops even if not the one specified above.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom