What's new

Any Ideas?

CajunPointHunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.W. Louisiana
Ust something interesting I found recently, I'm not sure what it is, I have a friend that swears it must be a petrified egg lol
 

Attachments

  • image-2684138044.webp
    image-2684138044.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
don't know what it is but it's pretty cool
 
i call them hammer stones.looks likewhat you have there
 
i call them hammer stones.looks likewhat you have there
i

Ii have many hammer stones, the hammer stones we find here are normally different materials and this is a little small. This rock also has no pit marks from striking other rocks.
 
the ones they use to make arrowheads were small and do not show marks as it does not take much to knock a flake off.but i really do not know.but i do know they used rocks like that to make arrowheads.
 
You would have to put it under a scope and look to see if it shows any alterations on it. Could be natural but still a nice looking rock.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom