What's new

Any information on this knife?

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knife with a 7 inch blade ( the handle has round leather pieces on it)
Any idea of the age?
Found at a location that has not been occupied since the late 40's early 50's.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3564.webp
    DSCN3564.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 688
  • DSCN3545.webp
    DSCN3545.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 699
  • DSCN3543.webp
    DSCN3543.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 678
  • DSCN3564.webp
    DSCN3564.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCN3545.webp
    DSCN3545.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 688
  • d.webp
    d.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 459
Gaijun1 said:
I Had One Just Like It Doing The Early 80s The Rings Are Hard Rawide And Had Differnt Two Colors Too Them
Just a Dagger :icon_thumleft:

I doubt the 80's, the area I found it in has not been touched since the 50's. There is not even a road in to this place anymore and it's on private property.
 
Upvote 0
This may be a Randall type 2; if so and it is from the 1940's you have a good find. Even in the condition it is in it may be worth a decent amount.
 
Upvote 0
Not sure about it being a Randall model 2-7. The end (pommel) is just not quite right. Regardless it is a interesting piece. I'll keep looking.
 
Upvote 0
My dads a knife collector and the oldest company i can think of who used leather like that although I havent seen any that is that this. is the "Western Knife company" they had an older name than that one they used as well but it still had "western" in it just cant think of it at the moment. but it may be worth a look through there different styles throughout the ages.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom