Any key dates in halves besides silver?

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope. I mean, there are a few that aren't intended for circulation such as the ones post-2001, but there is next to no collector demand for those except in the absolute top grades which you are unlikely to find them in unless you find them in the mint rolls and even then collector demand is fairly low.

There are a few die varieties such as the 1974-D doubled die obverse and several dates have "No FG" varieties where you can't see the designer's initials on the reverse of the coin.

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1987 was only put in mint sets. That is sometimes a hard one to find. But no real collector value because you can get the mint sets at low prices. I still keep them all. Not sure why. lol

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Aim for success. Try and find the ever elusive 1975 CC Kennedy half, they can be worth a fortune, even in the lowest grades.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1972 D No FG is VERY elusive. Has no trace of initials. This coin sells for a large premium.

1974 D Dbl Die & 1982 no FG are fairly easy to find & have a small premium.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
As noted, 1987 and 2002 and later halves were not intended for circulation, however there isn't much collector demand for these. Unless you are interested in building sets I would just stick to edge searching for silver. Not really worth the time to face search for the NIFCs and errors, IMO.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1972 D No FG is VERY elusive. Has no trace of initials. This coin sells for a large premium.

1974 D Dbl Die & 1982 no FG are fairly easy to find & have a small premium.

Can you go into whats the "no FG" and double die mean for us noobs?

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did, "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: no, FG". A search with quotes turns up no results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread