What's new

Any one seen the new Garret AT pro?

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
This looks sweet waterproof to 10 feet. Finally a I'd detector with notch discrimination that is waterproof. I got to have at least one. Garret has hit a home run with this one what many jewelry hunters have been asking for for years some one finally listened.

Jason
 
Upvote 0
yup some dealers are taking orders retail is $699.95 I think, so I am guessing it will be in the 500's

It will be available in november and they have one for europe as well. called the ATPRO International. I'll be at Garrett filming next months show Thursday using the new ace 350. suggested price is $699.95 so our price will probably be around 5 something. I'll

I think I will be getting one to field test at least thats what I have been told


http://www.lostandhiddentreasures.com/garrettatpro.htm
 
And now for the $100,000 question.....how will this machine handle wet salt mineralization at high sensitivity with great depth detection? That is going to be the lightning rod that will determine whether this becomes a blockbuster or just another "good in freshwater" all terrain machine at a nice price "also ran"....JMHO
 
Jason / Fla Bill

thanks for the link bill

i think i see one in the lane real soon also......... :icon_pirat:

my guy is checking as i type........
 
Surfdigger said:
And now for the $100,000 question.....how will this machine handle wet salt mineralization at high sensitivity with great depth detection? That is going to be the lightning rod that will determine whether this becomes a blockbuster or just another "good in freshwater" all terrain machine at a nice price "also ran"....JMHO

Good question. I hope there's a positive answer. If there is, I would very seriously consider getting one.
 
Wow - this does look like a machine with possibilities. Anyone know when they are due out for general availability?
 
I don't think this will be as good as a Minelab or PI on the saltwater wet sand or shallow surf, but I could be wrong. All I know is I want one. Like I don't have enough detectors......... :icon_thumleft:
 
I wonder if the control housing is detachable from the shaft. :icon_scratch:
 
Sandman said:
I don't think this will be as good as a Minelab or PI on the saltwater wet sand or shallow surf, but I could be wrong.

I tend to concur. However if it should be comparable to the Excalibur / Sovereign with depth and stability in the wet sand and shallows, then it could be a revolutionary machine as it has a submersible LCD with digital target ID, reasonable price, and light weight. It will be interesting to see how much target information the proportional audio mode and tone audio roll provide.

A bonus side effect may be that this new machine acts as an incentive to the rest of the metal detector manufacturers to up their game in the design department. It seems like a good idea for all metal detectors to be at least minimally water proofed so as to provide better protection from high humidity, rain/snow, rogue waves or accidental drops in shallow water, etc. Not to mention it is much easier to keep these machines clean if you can simply hose them off with fresh water at the end of the day without worrying about splashing the electronics.
 
And now for the $100,000 question.....how will this machine handle wet salt mineralization at high sensitivity with great depth detection? That is going to be the lightning rod that will determine whether this becomes a blockbuster or just another "good in freshwater" all terrain machine at a nice price "also ran"....JMHO


Good question Bryan, wondering the same thing myself. Having said that, I cut my teeth on the Garrett Groundhog back in the late 70's and it was a very good machine, but not so much in wet salt sand. At 15 khz, single frequency, I have my doubts. No doubt it will do great in freshwater, but saltwater??????
 
Tony in FL said:
Wow - this does look like a machine with possibilities. Anyone know when they are due out for general availability?

They are shooting for November 1
 
Called to day I want one this is the first time I have been really excited about a new detector in a long time. With the water proof capability it should only take a short time and a few jewelry finds to have it payed for at the price it will be released. Why some one else has not done this I do not know. Waterproof ID detector with changeable coils is a treasure hunters dream. Garret has really raised the bar on this detector. You other detector companies had better wake up.

Jason
 
Beings the old fart that I am, I cannot see the small print on that ad on both those machines.. any clue how I can make it bigger so I can read it?
 
press amd hold the ctrl key then roll your mouse wheel up and down to change size.... I had to do the same thing.
 
If it is a good salt water machine ,I want one also. :icon_thumright:
 
Thanks Sticky....I will just sit back and listen to ya all that get em.. wait for the real reviews before I jump in and get one.
 
I will sit back and wait to see how it does in salt. no hurry
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom