What's new

Anybody know anything about this baggage thing?

Deno

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like brass, not thin and not thick.

My buddie Weaver found it. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2173 (1920 x 1440).webp
    DSCN2173 (1920 x 1440).webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCN2174 (1920 x 1440).webp
    DSCN2174 (1920 x 1440).webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 372
Arnold, thank you very much. This is the only forum i have trouble with.
Whats the deal? Thanks again.
 
Upvote 0
Cool find, whatever it is!!
 
Upvote 0
Well a baggage wagon refers to a train car that carries the luggage so that would make it a baggage check, as to the L.T. Co. I don't know. What is the name or series of letters at the very top of the tag? It's hard to make out.
 
Upvote 0
That looks like it may be more in keeping with Steamship operations than railroad. I think that the reference to "place of delivery" may also be suggestive of steamship tags.

That is really a neat find? What type of area was it recovered from?
 
Upvote 0
Creskol, he found it at a old home site.

Thank you guys for looking and your help.
 
Upvote 0
diggummp, i can't make them out either. Belive it or not you
can see them better in the picture than in person.
Thanks again.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 26.webp
    26.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Deftone, You are the man, thanks for research. That is to cool.
Thank all of you.

This is the best hobby in the world with some of the nicest people.
 
Upvote 0
Louisville Transit Company? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks intimer. That's cool.

I don't get lake terminal.
 
Upvote 0
Been doing a little reading on the site I posted last night. The guy says he is very interested on tag companies he doesn't have. I suggest you send some pics to that site and ask for any info. Maybe you got a scarce rarity there! I'm curious now. If you do keep us posted. ;D P.s. Cool site intimer!
 
Upvote 0
Deftone said:
Been doing a little reading on the site I posted last night. The guy says he is very interested on tag companies he doesn't have. I suggest you send some pics to that site and ask for any info. Maybe you got a scarce rarity there! I'm curious now. If you do keep us posted. ;D P.s. Cool site intimer!

I will do it. Thank you and everybody else for your help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom