Anybody Want A Little Beer? How About Some Coffee?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a ton of stuff over the weekend. Stayed local and only went to garage sales, no estates. Most of the stuff I paid a dollar or two for and will sell for $20-$30 or more. I can't complain about that. I bought a few old mini liquor bottles and also thee 4 six packs of miniature bottles. You don't come across them that often. I found a Miller beer 6 pack before so I know they sell well. Anyway I paid $1 each for them. Here they are-

DSC05182.jpg

I also found a 1940's Cory-Dru coffee pot at another sale. I actually found the top and the glass filter on Saturday. I went back today and found the pot. It was early and they didn't have everything out on Sat. Paid $2 for the first two pieces and she gave me the bottom portion today for free. It will clean up nice. Good resale value.

DSC05135.jpg

I got a nice Genesee Beer & Ale Maryland mirror (my home state), paid $5 for it.

DSC05129.jpg

A whimsical mini bottle of Old Grand-Gag, $1-

DSC05125.jpg

A six pack of Old St. Andrews Scotch, Golf Ball miniatures, $2-

DSC05198.jpg

A mini Courvoisier cannon, $1

DSC05111.jpg

A 1/10 pint Wing Fung Hong sealed bottle, $1-

DSC05104.jpg

An old unopened can of Skol International Beer, $1 (anyone know what language this is in? Hebrew?)-

DSC05099.jpg

A pair of Marc Jacobs sunglasses, $2-

DSC05133.jpg

An Arthur Court Monkey Bowl, $5 (sold a monkey pitcher recently for close to $100)-

DSC05120.jpg

A pair of Waterford Marquis Brookside beer mugs, $3 each-

DSC05089.jpg

And last but not least, a Science Fair (Radio Shack) 200 in 1 electronic projects lab, $5-

DSC05094.jpg

Not included is a set of 8 (or 9?) Hummel figurines that I paid $3 each for. Mostly TMK 5's and newer, nothing rare. A 15 inch convex shop mirror with mounting hardware, little old lady tried to say $1, I gave her $10.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of alcohol related items. I usually stick to alcohol related signs. Never considered buying actual booze for resale. Please keep us posted on the results.

I think the beer is in hebrew - pretty cool.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Nice job, Dig!!

I need to move to FL. You don't see those type of picks around here.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the cannon! Trade you two Morgans for a dead albino rat and the cannon carriage?

Ahhh, memories of when I used to bartend in Palm Beach...one moon filled night, the roar of cannon boomed, I took a volley of fire from Courvoisier, Grand Marnier and Grappa. Dazed, I slowly limped into Port Wine where somehow I fought off another nemesis, the Scots whiskey rebellion! Glenmorangie and His clan were determined to finish me...I would have none of that! With help from some allies from the south, Porfidio and Herradura, we saved the port and probably the entire world. Little did I know Jagermeister was waiting for me around the next corner...

Great buys Dig!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of alcohol related items. I usually stick to alcohol related signs. Never considered buying actual booze for resale. Please keep us posted on the results.

I think the beer is in hebrew - pretty cool.
Legally, you can't sell alchohol. The lady made me "donate" the money for them, LOL. I don't usually buy alcohol either. Heck, I don't even drink.

Love the cannon! Trade you two Morgans for a dead albino rat and the cannon carriage?

Ahhh, memories of when I used to bartend in Palm Beach...one moon filled night, the roar of cannon boomed, I took a volley of fire from Courvoisier, Grand Marnier and Grappa. Dazed, I slowly limped into Port Wine where somehow I fought off another nemesis, the Scots whiskey rebellion! Glenmorangie and His clan were determined to finish me...I would have none of that! With help from some allies from the south, Porfidio and Herradura, we saved the port and probably the entire world. Little did I know Jagermeister was waiting for me around the next corner...

Great buys Dig!

I'll take you up on that offer if the rat doesn't sell this week.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Legally, you can't sell alchohol. The lady made me "donate" the money for them, LOL. I don't usually buy alcohol either. Heck, I don't even drink.

I'll take you up on that offer if the rat doesn't sell this week.

You just reminded me...

I was GIVEN FOR FREE a small taxidermy shark at a sale on Saturday. It is pretty dang old and in rough condition. Not sure why anyone would have it mounted because it is so small and the jaws are pathetic.

PS. I dont drink either.

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great buys Dig!

Still laughing my butt off. Have you considered a career as a novelist?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you never find beer at a rummage sale in Indiana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread