What's new

Anyone got the blues?

Buddy Guy will be playing at the Big Top Chautauqua overlooking Lake Superior in Northern Wisconsin on 6/25 which I might attend. Went to see Tab Benoit last summer...Helluva show!

Buddy Guy | Big Top Chautauqua

Sidevalve45
 
cwp, really enjoyed it! Had not heard this one. Great!
 
releventchair, Chris Thomas King is good! Had not heard him before that I can remember. Thanks for bringing him into my 'musical' life.
 
Debbie Davies

I'll feel much better when you cry.

 
blues? not a chance!

spring is here and I'm headed in 4 weeks to Tybee Island for a week of sun, beer and beach detecting!!8-)
 
why don't you have a happy song thread?
 
jeff,

It's because this thread is about the blues dude....lol...

folks,

Here's one for you.....Beth Hart + Jeff Beck - I'd rather go blind.....with a bonus tune by Bonnie Raitt at the end.

 
R.I.P. Lonnie Mack.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A musician whose instrumental recordings influenced guitar players including Stevie Ray Vaughan has died in Nashville, Tennessee. Lonnie Mack was 74.

Alligator Record Label said in a statement that Mack died on Thursday of natural causes. He lived in Smithville, Tennessee, about 65 miles east of Nashville.

Born Lonnie McIntosh in West Harrison, Indiana, Mack played sessions for record labels in Cincinnati with blues and R&B greats such as James Brown, Hank Ballard and Freddie King.

His 1963 recording of Chuck Berry's "Memphis," became a radio hit, and he followed that with "Wham!", which inspired the nickname "whammy bar" for the tremolo bar he had on his Gibson Flying V.






 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom