What's new

anyone know any good sites in tampa bay

hawkeye3308

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
only been at this a couple of weeks and made a few great finds so far. i heard that the anclote area should be good because of all the shipwrecks from anclote reef. can anyone point me in the right direction?
 
This question would probably get more replys in the Florida General discussion section :wink:.

Nova Treasure
 
hawkeye3308 said:
only been at this a couple of weeks and made a few great finds so far. i heard that the anclote area should be good because of all the shipwrecks from anclote reef. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Yes, yes and yes-Anclote is good. Super Low tide on the beachlines would be best. Tarpon Springs. Don't find everything- I'm planning a trip soon.

Here's some info. for you: http://www.treasurelore.com/florida/florida_treasure.htm


Good luck!
Newt
 
I hear the Honeymoon Island may be a productive spot...may pick up a 1731 silver crown or 2014!
 
Honeymon island is hit almost everyday. Anclote Key is probably good. Some of the barrier sandbars where the people play every weekend
 
romeo-1 said:
I hear the Honeymoon Island may be a productive spot...may pick up a 1731 silver crown or 2014!
now thas funny romeo
 
geo4472 said:
romeo-1 said:
I hear the Honeymoon Island may be a productive spot...may pick up a 1731 silver crown or 2014!
now thas funny romeo

One should always dig those readings that sound like a barrel full of silver, right romeo............ :thumbsup:
 
You need a boat to get to Anclote Key. Do you have a boat?
 
Yeah, don't bother with Honeymoon Island... my adopted brother and I detected from the parking lot to the tip of the island, and managed to find a couple clad dimes, can-slaw, and some small pieces of scrap iron. If there were any wreck coins to be found, I should've been swinging my 15" coil instead.

There's so many prospective island areas to search around the Bay area... but like scubasalvor pointed out, you'll need a boat. :-\

Bran <><
 
The booklet: Detecting Southwest Florida rates all the beaches from Clearwater south. Kellycodetectors has it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom