What's new

✅ SOLVED Anyone know what this is its gold colour not sure if it is gold or not lol

Kieran225

Full Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
190
Reaction score
486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Newcastle-upon-tyne
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-20220223-WA0002.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20220223-WA0003.webp
    IMG-20220223-WA0003.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 82
As the other two posted, take to jeweler or get your own test kit. But it looks corroded which would pretty much rule gold out unless poured that way. In my humble opinion. Thanks for posting.
 
Upvote 3
As the other two posted, take to jeweler or get your own test kit. But it looks corroded which would pretty much rule gold out unless poured that way. In my humble opinion. Thanks for posting.
Il take it to get tested thbaks for advice, I'm just really unsure lol
 
Upvote 2

Attachments

  • IMG-20220223-WA0009.webp
    IMG-20220223-WA0009.webp
    170.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG-20220223-WA0008.webp
    IMG-20220223-WA0008.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20220223-WA0007.webp
    IMG-20220223-WA0007.webp
    145.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20220223-WA0005.webp
    IMG-20220223-WA0005.webp
    172.6 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 1
Did you find it in the ground? Was it like that or did you clean it up with a wire brush? It looks a lot like a piece of brass after I hit it with a wire brush
Yeah was in the ground, I put it in vineger when I got home and it came up like that
 
Upvote 2
Most gold will not tarnish, so, if you had to soak it to get some "green" off, it isn't gold. Probably Brass or copper.
 
Upvote 4
Most gold will not tarnish, so, if you had to soak it to get some "green" off, it isn't gold. Probably Brass or copper.
Brass is my bet. It corroded in cleaning process and came out with corrosion dimples. Sorry not gold partner but your gold is waiting for you.
 
Upvote 2
I think you answered you question my friend.
Maybe I did not read right, mate. Was the corrosion surface there before or after vinegar. I know it shined up in vinegar. My concern is possible corrosion. Interesting find though.
 
Upvote 2
Most gold will not tarnish, so, if you had to soak it to get some "green" off, it isn't gold. Probably Brass or copper.

Most gold will not tarnish, so, if you had to soak it to get some "green" off, it isn't gold. Probably Brass or copper.
It's good to know then il. Know for future reference lol thank you 😊
 
Upvote 2
Maybe I did not read right, mate. Was the corrosion surface there before or after vinegar. I know it shined up in vinegar. My concern is possible corrosion. Interesting find though.
Yeah the tarnish was on it when I dug it up then the vineger took it off, I'm not sure what it even is to be honest lol
 
Upvote 2

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom