What's new

Anyone on here in the salvage business??

TXPlugKutter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
314
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore, Nox 600, Ace 250
I'm just curious if any of y'all are in or know of someone that is in the reclaimed/salvage business regarding old homes.

I am in the process of buying a couple lots that has an old house on it. The house was built around 1910 and was lived in until recently. I am going to tear this house down and want to part it out. The contents of the house are also included so I'm not exactly sure what all is there. The same person has lived in this house for roughly 60 years. The family wants no part of the place as he was somewhat of a pack rat and hoarder. I walked through it and there are only trails through there. I'm not sure what is even in there. Anyways I plan on selling pretty much any and everything to recoup my investment.

All hardware, fixtures, wood floors, doors, etc will be sold. There are two windmills on the place as well. Some of the smaller stuff I don't mind shipping but the bigger stuff will need to be picked up. I am open to just about anything. If you have a particular interest in anything related to this please pm me or email me at jbnf@verizon.net so I can put you on my list.

I should be closing on this property in a week or so and really won't have any info regarding contents until then.

Thanks,
Josh
 
Josh can you get some photos of the stuff in the house ? Well anything that would be worth buying , I know some people who might buy some items if it is the right things that they buy.
Anyway if you get some photos I will get them to the people and see what they say or want.
 
Daedalus said:
Josh can you get some photos of the stuff in the house ? Well anything that would be worth buying , I know some people who might buy some items if it is the right things that they buy.
Anyway if you get some photos I will get them to the people and see what they say or want.

Will do. I should be closing on the property in a week or so and can have some photos then. Honestly I have no clue what is even in the house. It looks like one of those hoarding shows. There is no telling what is in there. But I plan on going through it piece by piece and sorting out the trash for the things that might have some value.

Once the house is cleaned out I wll start dismantling the house board by board. I know many people are into the reclaimed lumber business and this house has plenty.

Thanks for your reply.
 
Well if they have Superman #1 I'll buy it for $1,000. :thumbsup: :headbang:
 
When you go through it make sure you check everything. My brother-in-law mom passed away and when we went thur that house we found money stucked in books magazines and even money rolled up and stuck inside lipstick tubes. We sorted out everything that could be sold.....Matt
 
Its definately gonna be tedious work. But we are in no hurry. The main goal is to get the outside cleaned up and slowly wade through the inside contents. Everything will be checked.
 
Darn to far away, Its fun to sort thru them. Ive done a few evictions and minor horders. Its amazine what comes up!!! most of the good ones were done in calif before I found the internet and search engines to check items out. Cant wait to see what comes out of the house!!!
 
Acedigger. Up here the city is taking out one of concrete rivers which was once natural and they are going to spend 85 mil to bring it back to natural????? Anyway they are ripping down 88 homes to do this. They just hired a salvage firm at 65,000$ each to recycle all of the materials shingles are being sold to a asfault co. all wood to be recycled etc etc. typical city . You can also sell it to the fire dept. or donate it to them for training and write off the whole price you paid for it, minus the land value
 
It would be a good house to burn for the dept but I don't think it is safe enough to do this. I'm a captain here on our dept and we are very picky with which houses we burn for training. It would go up too quick to put out. It also has alot of good wood in there. There is no sheet rock what so ever inside. Just 1 X 12 boards and some cheesecloth wall paper in places. The windows are the old style wood frame with window weights. Everything is original to the house. It literally does not have a speck of paint on the outside.
 
room by room is definitely the right way to do it. am glad you aren't in any hurry ;D
 
Ace digger , take the easy way out. Auctioneers buy entire contents like that. They will go thru everything ,make a list and make you an offer. Get offers from 2 or more auction houses. Put a clause in the agreement that 50% of any money found belongs to you. Some will accept this some won't.
Another option would be for them to auction it off on site. If you go this route make sure it is advertised properly!
​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom