Arrow Head Found in Georgia No clue what it is... HELP

swabodie

Sep 21, 2015
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
righyt.jpg

The artifact on the right. I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot seem to find what it is or where it came from. This was found on some land in the Central Georgia area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ALSO

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try posting it in the North American Indian Artifacts forum. It's about 3/4s down the main page but, here is a link. By the way, they are some nice points. I am no expert but it looks like it was never finished.
North American Indian Artifacts

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points, the one on the right looks to be a partially finished middle Archaic period point. Possibly a Kirk Serrated missing the serrations and one side of the base being unfinished. Hard to say but makes you wonder what happened to the knapper mid knap!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked at many images of corner tang knives on the web and all that I saw had two notches on the corner. Since yours only has one I still tend to believe it is an unfinished piece. Maybe someone here can educate me on this. Can you tell us it's size?

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked at many images of corner tang knives on the web and all that I saw had two notches on the corner. Since yours only has one I still tend to believe it is an unfinished piece. Maybe someone here can educate me on this. Can you tell us it's size?

I'd have to agree, certainly not a "corner" tang knife as are found in Texas and northeast as far as the central states. However some said just "tang knife" , is that some different type found in Georgia ???
Pictures of both sides, shots of both edges, and of the base edge might be very helpful. The stacks on the unnotched corner may indicate why it may have been left as is, just my thoughts. Cool piece!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice piece. Look under "Pipe Creek" if you have a book for artifacts. Mississippian Period

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread