What's new

Arrowhead maybe in Warren County

missouriexp

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2020
Messages
37
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kansas City, MO
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in the middle of no where visiting relatives in Warren County that own a few acres. Found this by a lake on their property. Thoughts? You think it's an arrowhead?
 

Attachments

  • 20201226_162627.webp
    20201226_162627.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 20201226_162641.webp
    20201226_162641.webp
    993.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20201226_162731.webp
    20201226_162731.webp
    860.7 KB · Views: 169
I don't think it's an arrowhead but it COULD have been a tool known as a flake blade. It is a flake of chert and it looks to have been found in a creek. It is hard for me to tell from the pictures whether the one side was worked/sharpened by humans or just flaked in the creek. I'd keep it.
 
I don't think it's an arrowhead but it COULD have been a tool known as a flake blade. It is a flake of chert and it looks to have been found in a creek. It is hard for me to tell from the pictures whether the one side was worked/sharpened by humans or just flaked in the creek. I'd keep it.

Thanks for taking a look. It seems to have been worked a little from what I can tell and not natural. Maybe it is an old flake blade. It almost seems more primitive than what you would expect to see. I'll have to take a longer look around the property the next time I go back. I've seen the lake on old maps and my relatives said it's spring fed.
 
It looks like it is an artifact to me... but I know nothing! Thanks for posting.
 
There's lots of points and artifacts there in Warren County! I knew of a lady that lived there and built their home on the part of warren County where the land sloped down towards the Missouri River and found box's of points and NOT knowing the value of these ended up giving the entire collection to one of het uncles !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom