What's new

Arrowheads value

dakotagrappler

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
47
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
An expert needed hundreds of arrowheads for sale at auction?
 

Attachments

  • image-1567994465.webp
    image-1567994465.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 408
  • image-559484064.webp
    image-559484064.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 391
  • image-3105406091.webp
    image-3105406091.webp
    41 KB · Views: 485
  • image-3641654836.webp
    image-3641654836.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 347
  • image-2605583175.webp
    image-2605583175.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0
Which ones do you want to buy the third frame has a few nice ones
 
The black point is a Cumberland style paleo a fluted Cumberland and they are rare looks like Dover chert is it authentic
 

Attachments

  • image-2698486831.webp
    image-2698486831.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 291
All are authentic

B.S.

Stay away from any of those. Unless you want to buy fake stuff - then knock yourself out. Some of those field grade points could be real, but the nice ones all appear to be obvious fakes. And those "certificates of authenticity" made me LOL.
 
Last edited:
All are authentic


No they aren't. The red one is an obvious fake and I suspect so is the Cumberland and a few others in that tray. The first two pictures all look like some nice field grade points and would be you best bet to get some decent Points. I would stay away from all the rest.
 
Nice to know they are just starting to sell. I will stay away from lots of these. Old farmer and children collected over 40 to 60 years ago they say.
 
Please remember only charter members can sell or trade here, anyone can reply to ad or trade offered by CM.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Check out our thread (Can you spot the fake) It mite make you rethink:icon_scratch:
 
The last frame is not real. Some are and some arent. There is always a good story but you have to look past that. I bought a collection about a month ago and the guy said they were from GA. As I was looking through them I was putting them in different piles. 1st pile GA, 2nd pile TN, and third pile fakes/ rocks. He asked me why I was doing that and thats when I told him. He didnt say much after that but then gave me a real good deal on the real ones.
 
There are some obvious fakes there. But frame B and the ones in the baggies with the certificates look good, mostly. #29 in the baggie looks like a real nice mckean/duncan. I'd say $200-500 each for the perfect points in the bags (if they're authentic). Authentic points from ND aren't cheap...

So did you buy/bid on any of them?
 
Here are a few I purchased. Many of the individuals went from 40 to 180 each. I will show individual pics both side of some I purchased. Any info would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image-4261013770.webp
    image-4261013770.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 189
  • image-1353599750.webp
    image-1353599750.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 200
  • image-3134599601.webp
    image-3134599601.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 181
  • image-2237316732.webp
    image-2237316732.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 224
  • image-935387493.webp
    image-935387493.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 232
  • image-1569236306.webp
    image-1569236306.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 202
Next 2 coming next both of these are about 3in by 1"
 

Attachments

  • image-3019032415.webp
    image-3019032415.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 231
  • image-4164048463.webp
    image-4164048463.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 216
  • image-4044616845.webp
    image-4044616845.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 218
  • image-827936654.webp
    image-827936654.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 200
Two scrappers?
 

Attachments

  • image-2270357443.webp
    image-2270357443.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1179243737.webp
    image-1179243737.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 129
It looks like you got the ones you felt comfortable with. The thing that scared me were the stacks of COA's all by the same person. Maybe not unusual for a family collection though.
Congrats on your pieces you won.
 
It was outragous how expensive some of the points went for. I think I did ok. I would guess they sold close to 150 to 200 points.
 
Here are a few I purchased. Many of the individuals went from 40 to 180 each. I will show individual pics both side of some I purchased. Any info would be appreciated.

Other than the really nice one in the middle two pictures if you paid more then $20 each for those you paid to much in my opinion.
 
Last edited:
I paid 40 for all 7 pieces. I have a few more I will post tomorrow.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom