As promised the first pictures of actual finds

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
After several dry months hunting wise I've decided to post a story and some of my actual finds the site location I'm going to keep quiet as this is the tip of the iceberg to speak. But incredibly these finds came from the Cliffside where a caravan site has now been built the bottle spill out from the cliff side after storms and the like. I have traced the dump back to around 1940-1950. At the time I was trying out yet another cheap metal detector on the beach no luck with the beach but as I walked along. I noticed the cliffs in particular where some had collapsed due to the last several days of bad weather most of the bottles come from the 50s and a couple are intact with metal lids after all that time. In the newyear I'm going back to recover the metal artifacts that must be there somewhere I hope you like looking at the bottles as much as me.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 838
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 836
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 837
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 824
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 827
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 832
Upvote 0
Re: As promised the first pictures of found/brought stuff

Looking for dump sites to dig bottles is what got me started in the hobby. Gotta love those old bottles and, like old coins, some of them are valuable.
HH
Bill

pretty cool! im no bottle expert but a few of those bottles look quite a bit older than 40s and 50s!

Congratulation on some great finds.. I've always enjoyed hunting bottles and those are some cool ones!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lonnie

nice bottles ..love em... cant wait to see more

Nice find's.....Try and hit the top-side of the cliff's when you get a chance,might be something there too!Congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back