Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a beautiful place to go to for sure..No motors are allowed and the conservation police watch it very close.I drove over there today and it was good to see the water levels up..I have to chain my boat to a tree as you are not allowed to remove it.If you decide to remove it off the property the DEC has to spray it before you return it..
when they built the reservoir they had to remove all the houses and buildings first..

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It’s a beautiful place to go to for sure..No motors are allowed and the conservation police watch it very close.I drove over there today and it was good to see the water levels up..I have to chain my boat to a tree as you are not allowed to remove it.If you decide to remove it off the property the DEC has to spray it before you return it..
when they built the reservoir they had to remove all the houses and buildings first..

Absolutely gorgeous looking lake, and there's nothing better than
trout and eggs for breakfast..:icon_thumleft:

About your boat...are the concerned about some type of noxious
vegetation getting a foothold in the lake?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that a Federal US Army Corps of Engineers lake? Sounds like it with the building removals. Our Corps lake has nothing private on the shore. Only marinas and a few gov't buildings. Gary

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike. This reservoir is one of several NYC water supplies.It’s amazing that they can pipe that much water under ground..the DEC has very strict rules to protect this beautiful water supply.,before I can put my boat there they do background checks and if I don’t follow their rules when I’m there I will be banned..they work so so hard to keep the water so clean and they make sure that possible contamination on your boat is not transferred to this water supply that’s why you have to keep the boat there..at sunrise it’s a site to see for sure

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary ..this reservoir supplies approx 40 percent of NYC water supply.The DEC works 24:7 to protect this place because with all the terr..... out there you just never know..
if you get a chance check out how they made this

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark it’s a beautiful place to be able to go to..I have to use a row boat so I have to be cautious when the wind and white caps pick up to get off.I’ve seen people almost drown by when they try to pull the anchor up in the wind and flip the boat

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark it’s a beautiful place to be able to go to..I have to use a row boat so I have to be cautious when the wind and white caps pick up to get off.I’ve seen people almost drown by when they try to pull the anchor up in the wind and flip the boat

Could you use an electric trolling motor? They make some pretty good ones now. Gary

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful lake bill....when you catch some fish....post some fish pics !! Good luck out there !!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary can’t use any type of motor just oars..It’s such a beautiful place to visit and I find it best to get out there at sunrise when it’s usually calm. When the wind picks I try to get off because it’s tough to row against the wind and whitecaps

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart ..the DEC stocks this heavily with trout every year..Someday I want to be in a fighting chair on a charter boat hearing that reel scream with a wahoo or marlin..Truly it’s a bucket list item for me.HH

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the possible final resting place of Dutch Schultz Treasure

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Citiboy289. Good Point anything is possible..I have to walk down a trail to get to the boat and perhaps that elusive pot of gold is close by.
on the other hand North Georgia is a beautiful place to live also
take care out there

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart We were at Pirates Cove in NC and they have a beautiful fleet of Charter boats..I went into A boat builders shop and he thought I used to be on Tv and wanted me to leave a deposit to build a boat for me.
They do well with marlin and others and they would put a different color flag up to to let people know what they caught

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madmantrapper I think that because it is a water supply strict policies have to be in place..There are other reservoirs such as Pepacton Reservoir where the same rules are in place..
Its a good thing because in the future I’m sure that we will pay a premium for water

madmantrapper

Sep 1, 2018
Carroll County, Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maintaining and operating water supply and delivery facilities, water recreation, and other water dependent industries and economies in mussel infested water bodies are dramatically more expensive and complex.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Citiboy289. Good Point anything is possible..I have to walk down a trail to get to the boat and perhaps that elusive pot of gold is close by.
on the other hand North Georgia is a beautiful place to live also
take care out there
. Only been down here 20 years lived in that area all my life. Knew about it before it was popular here. When they constructed the resvior the land changed. Plus many wash outs over the years surely moved it. Just a thought. Great area. Wish I still had connections. But more historical down here. Sherman?s line of March. Thanks for the comment

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill that's a big lake if your using a row boat you must have arms like Popeye

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread