Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very Interested in this machine but do not know much about it. The one thing I have read is excessive chatter at times with certain machines. Was this a factory flaw or just something to deal with? Thanks
I just picked up a max after using an at pro for over a year. The max is a different animal completely. Its very sensitive to iron and will pick out every piece if you dont have any discrimination set. With the descrim bumpted up to 30 the machine was much quieter. Im going to run it like that for a little while til im ready to go to all metal and pick out the subtle mid and high tones. Ive only got 2 hours on it but ive started my 100 learning hours. Give it a shot!

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for that info.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added sensitivity will make a metal detector more susceptible to interference, as well as sounding off on any small piece of metal in the ground. Like in horse power; if you have a 500 HP car, you probably don't need to use all of that HP to get to the store, but it's nice to have.

A lot of people who are having interference seem to be right out of the box (testing in the house) or near something electrical. When you get chatter, knowing what is causing it and what controls help to reduce it are key. Switching frequencies, backing off the sensitivity, adding more discrimination, etc will solve the majority of it. It takes practice to master any metal detector, and the more sensitive ones can take a while longer.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine is quite in my yard where emi is horrible.. I made a video of metal with disc and posted it . You might want to check it out before you hunt in all metal.
I just picked up a max after using an at pro for over a year. The max is a different animal completely. Its very sensitive to iron and will pick out every piece if you dont have any discrimination set. With the descrim bumpted up to 30 the machine was much quieter. Im going to run it like that for a little while til im ready to go to all metal and pick out the subtle mid and high tones. Ive only got 2 hours on it but ive started my 100 learning hours. Give it a shot!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the max haven't been able to use it yet....I hate snow11111

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Added sensitivity will make a metal detector more susceptible to interference, as well as sounding off on any small piece of metal in the ground. Like in horse power; if you have a 500 HP car, you probably don't need to use all of that HP to get to the store, but it's nice to have.

A lot of people who are having interference seem to be right out of the box (testing in the house) or near something electrical. When you get chatter, knowing what is causing it and what controls help to reduce it are key. Switching frequencies, backing off the sensitivity, adding more discrimination, etc will solve the majority of it. It takes practice to master any metal detector, and the more sensitive ones can take a while longer.
Great post! Good helpful info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread