What's new

AT Pro at the Beach ?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
732
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wifes AT Pro got here yesterday. It seems like a really nice machine. We took it to a couple of parks today and she scored some coins.
We are leaving for the Beach on Monday. What settings do you At users use at the beach? Do you go with the factory presets? Standard? Pro or custom?
She's just getting to know this machine and any help would be appreciated.
 
Upvote 0
hey shooter, I like to go with the pro mode all metal and max the iron disc. you do have to make sure you ground
balance for the dry sand and then rebalance when you hit the wet sand and water. I like to auto balance and then bring it
down a few numbers using the manual balance. Also it seems I have to drop the sensitivity to 2 or 3 blocks to keep it from
falsing all the time. The At Pro goes deep for me in the sand but most finds are in the 6 to 7 inch range. I also like how quiet the machine is until it picks up something. Good Hunting.
 
tabjunkie said:
hey shooter, I like to go with the pro mode all metal and max the iron disc. you do have to make sure you ground
balance for the dry sand and then rebalance when you hit the wet sand and water. I like to auto balance and then bring it
down a few numbers using the manual balance. Also it seems I have to drop the sensitivity to 2 or 3 blocks to keep it from
falsing all the time. The At Pro goes deep for me in the sand but most finds are in the 6 to 7 inch range. I also like how quiet the machine is until it picks up something. Good Hunting.
This is good advice. Most that have trouble in the wet sand do so because they have too much sensitivity dialed in.

Good Luck,
Sandman
 
Hey Shooter. Have mine about a week, and in an hour or so you'll sense the different sounds and pretty much get comfortable with the sound. I use mine on Pro coins all the time. Good luck!1
 
I appreciate all the advice. We leave for Myrtle Beach in the morning. Can't wait to see her face when she makes that first quality find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom