old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day today while looking for artifacts. I am quite sure that the first one is a Eden point, although it is missing the tip and also has a chip along the edge, it was made from some awesome material. The second one is also a real ''heartbreaker''. It looks like the base of a Midland point. I just may have to go back and see if I can find the top half, since the break appears to be somewhat a fresh break.

Folder #1 406.JPG In situ.

Folder #1 413.JPG

I found this one only about 4 feet from the one above. Sorry but in the excitement of finding the first one I forgot to get an ''in situ'' photo.

Folder #1 411.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be wrong on the first point, it my also be a Agate Basin. Any input is appreciated.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the colors from your area. I dont have any idea on the types in your area but the flaking on the white one looks real good.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an agate basin

Attachments

• image-2968417937.jpg
    image-2968417937.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to those who have responded my post. I am privileged and glad I could share them with you. Thanks!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad you did. You just dont post them enough IMO. Im sure you have a nice collection that we havent seen yet.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 11KBP! I was talking to a friend of mine just last week about how it seemed so difficult in finding any of the paleo points anymore. I remarked how it seemed that these areas that we search have been picked clean by surface hunting, but I guess he was right when he said that there were many more to be found. With erosion and time many would be brought to the surface.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Thanks 11KBP! I was talking to a friend of mine just last week about how it seemed so difficult in finding any of the paleo points anymore. but I guess he was right when he said that there were many more to be found. With erosion and time many would be brought to the surface.

Yes, your friend is correct but finding those elusive paleo points is very time consuming
as you must cover a lot of terrain, locating those areas that tend to exhibit heavy to severe
erosion and searching them thoroughly.

It appears that your white specimen may have some oblique flaking but I cannot be sure from
the images.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White is just so hard to get the flaking to show.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some better pictures from both sides. Love to hear your comments.

Folder #1 003.JPG Folder #1 004.JPG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say Paleo. I can see the strikes going all the way across it. Very pretty type of lithic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions