What's new

Back to the lake..The Colonial lake.....

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Well got out on the lake again this week and did pretty good :icon_thumleft:
I said i had to do some different kind of hunting instead of my usual Colonial cellars but for some
reason the colonial sites find me :laughing7:

This time i went to the other side and noticed it was more flat with no rocks at all..
I got a good signal that ended up being a RI railroad company 2 piece button and when i flipped the plug over i thought it was a large piece of lead as im running over it with my detector no tone :icon_scratch:
Reached down and pulled out a colonial pipe :headbang:
Then the button ;D
A few more steps out and i grabbed a 1776 reale :headbang:
Then button after button i realized that before this was flooded it was a colonial farm :hello2:
Grabbed a KG and lots of pewter buttons..

On the walk back i grabbed the merc dime and half dollar,sterling ring along with lots of lures again.. :thumbsup:
Also i pulled a early lead sinker..1800's i think..

Have fun out there :thumbsup:


Blaze

I had a great time out there and have only scratched the surface
 

Attachments

  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,146
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 010.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 010.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,090
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 009.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 009.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,104
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 008.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 008.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,095
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 007.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 007.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,096
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 006.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 006.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,111
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 005.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 005.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,114
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 004.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 004.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,102
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 003.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 003.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,127
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 002.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 002.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,123
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 001.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 001.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,133
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 011.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 011.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,108
Upvote 0
This is a fantastic post, greatics, and lots of fun, thAnks and congrats!
 
your killin it :headbang:.....The bird band you found is way cool. I woundered if it was possible to find one. Those are like sold gold to waterfowl hunters....now I can put it on my list :laughing7:
 
great job on the 1776, :icon_thumright: the lakes are drying up here too but the snow is always coming back when conditions start to get better .
 
Blaze thanks for the photos always like your post , Congrats on some more great fines wished I lived closer, because looks like you need a full time camera man and digger :laughing7:
 
WOW Johnny - that's a killer site you've stumbled upon right in your own back yard. Very nice assortment of relics covering wide period of time too. That reale is my favorite of course. About that pipe bowl. It looks to me that its more of the mid-1800s style and not colonial. Still a cool find though. Good luck when you go back. And I love your little dog!
 
A bunch of Wild finds J.B. Like said above "I'll bet some of those lures and worth a pretty coin or three"
And It's a P-40 warhawk for sure. HH
Greg
 
Congrat's on some nice dig's Mr. Blaze :icon_thumright: You know those Jack Russell's are some diggin' fool's ;D
 
somthing was bothering me i had to come back to this post. i think i found the same rr button awhile back. ill dig around. i really have to get my scanner up and running. ;D willy
 
DIGGING1971GUY said:
Call the number on the bird tag ,give all your info and you will get a certificate about the kind of bird,release place age of bird, taggers name .I have 3 certificates ,I found the tag of a Canadian goose ,Falcon,and an eastern screech owl .
GREAT FINDS !!! :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the replies everyone :icon_thumleft:

This bird band id has got me interested..Im not sure what you mean by call it in?

It has 3 numbers,then a dash,then 5 numbers?

Not sure what you mean by recieving a cetificate either :dontknow:

It must have been a good size bird at 3/4 of and inch inside diameter..

Blaze
 

Attachments

  • bird band 001.webp
    bird band 001.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • bird band 002.webp
    bird band 002.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,217
Great finds! So much history up there.
 
Nice silver

D looks bad to the bone!!!
 
johnnyblaze said:
DIGGING1971GUY said:
Call the number on the bird tag ,give all your info and you will get a certificate about the kind of bird,release place age of bird, taggers name .I have 3 certificates ,I found the tag of a Canadian goose ,Falcon,and an eastern screech owl .
GREAT FINDS !!! :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the replies everyone :icon_thumleft:

This bird band id has got me interested..Im not sure what you mean by call it in?

It has 3 numbers,then a dash,then 5 numbers?

Not sure what you mean by recieving a cetificate either :dontknow:

It must have been a good size bird at 3/4 of and inch inside diameter..

Blaze

Hey Blaze,
I found these sites about researching bands. Check them out.
http://www.flyways.us/surveys-and-monitoring/banding-and-marking-programs/bands-across-america
http://www.reportband.gov/

A couple of years ago, I found a band from a pigeon's leg left over from a hawk's lunch. I researched and found it belonged to someone hear in RI. I wrote to him, but he never wrote back. Good Luck!!

Joe
 
Cool finds...Go Johnny Go, Go!!!!
 
Very nice hunt Mr Blaze! You just mentioned last week under my post that you hadn't found Spanish silver for a while, and next time you go out, you get one!
 
John your finds never cease to amaze me. I know we have a rich history here in RI, and you surely prove it. AWESOME hunting pal. My equipment is on it's way, and I can't wait to start swinging.
HH
 
Joe88 said:
johnnyblaze said:
DIGGING1971GUY said:
Call the number on the bird tag ,give all your info and you will get a certificate about the kind of bird,release place age of bird, taggers name .I have 3 certificates ,I found the tag of a Canadian goose ,Falcon,and an eastern screech owl .
GREAT FINDS !!! :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the replies everyone :icon_thumleft:

This bird band id has got me interested..Im not sure what you mean by call it in?

It has 3 numbers,then a dash,then 5 numbers?

Not sure what you mean by recieving a cetificate either :dontknow:

It must have been a good size bird at 3/4 of and inch inside diameter..

Blaze

Hey Blaze,
I found these sites about researching bands. Check them out.
http://www.flyways.us/surveys-and-monitoring/banding-and-marking-programs/bands-across-america
http://www.reportband.gov/

A couple of years ago, I found a band from a pigeon's leg left over from a hawk's lunch. I researched and found it belonged to someone hear in RI. I wrote to him, but he never wrote back. Good Luck!!

Joe

Thanks Joe i will find out the type of bird :thumbsup:

A hunt within a hunt :D


Blaze
 
Well i reported the bird band and this is the info :icon_thumleft:


INFORMATION FROM OUR FILES:

Band Number: 0798-65278
Species: CANADA GOOSE
Date banded: 07/16/1991
Banding Location: BERKELEY, RHODE ISLAND, USA
Age: WAS TOO YOUNG TO FLY WHEN BANDED IN 1991
Sex: MALE

Thanks again for reporting bird bands.


Blaze
 
Blaze,
Nice collection of finds, and such a spread of time frame in the hunt area. I see you are from RI, did you ever run into Bill Ladd out in the field?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom