What's new

Back to the lake..The Colonial lake.....

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Well got out on the lake again this week and did pretty good :icon_thumleft:
I said i had to do some different kind of hunting instead of my usual Colonial cellars but for some
reason the colonial sites find me :laughing7:

This time i went to the other side and noticed it was more flat with no rocks at all..
I got a good signal that ended up being a RI railroad company 2 piece button and when i flipped the plug over i thought it was a large piece of lead as im running over it with my detector no tone :icon_scratch:
Reached down and pulled out a colonial pipe :headbang:
Then the button ;D
A few more steps out and i grabbed a 1776 reale :headbang:
Then button after button i realized that before this was flooded it was a colonial farm :hello2:
Grabbed a KG and lots of pewter buttons..

On the walk back i grabbed the merc dime and half dollar,sterling ring along with lots of lures again.. :thumbsup:
Also i pulled a early lead sinker..1800's i think..

Have fun out there :thumbsup:


Blaze

I had a great time out there and have only scratched the surface
 

Attachments

  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,146
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 001.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 001.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,133
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 002.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 002.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,123
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 003.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 003.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,127
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 004.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 004.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,102
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 005.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 005.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,114
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 006.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 006.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,111
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 007.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 007.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,096
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 008.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 008.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,095
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 009.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 009.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,104
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 010.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 010.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,090
  • 2nd lake hunt feb2012 011.webp
    2nd lake hunt feb2012 011.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,108
Upvote 0
randyalbin said:
Blaze,
Nice collection of finds, and such a spread of time frame in the hunt area. I see you are from RI, did you ever run into Bill Ladd out in the field?

No and i hope i never do.....

One of the biggest j*rks in the metal detecting industry..

Thanks for the reply



Blaze
 
the finds, the site, the pix, the dog, Great Stuff!
love the Spanish and Copper ;D
Any ideas on the rectangular copper piece with broken ring and 'indian head?'
Got a pipe with TD on the bowl, has 'whites glasgow' on stem, wonder what TD was, the model?
There's a table online somewhere that dates pipes by the bore diameter. (larger=older)
Keep them goodies comin :wink:
 
Wow that goose was banded 20 years ago! Might have fish and game scratching their heads. Makes you wonder what year that goose met its demise, and how it happened? I took me twenty years of duck hunting to shoot a banded duck! Really cool find.
 
steelheadwill said:
the finds, the site, the pix, the dog, Great Stuff!
love the Spanish and Copper ;D
Any ideas on the rectangular copper piece with broken ring and 'indian head?'
Got a pipe with TD on the bowl, has 'whites glasgow' on stem, wonder what TD was, the model?
There's a table online somewhere that dates pipes by the bore diameter. (larger=older)
Keep them goodies comin :wink:

Herbie how ya been buddy :coffee2:

I have to check on that rectangular piece i never investigated the writing on it :icon_scratch:



Blaze
 
johnnyblaze said:
randyalbin said:
Blaze,
Nice collection of finds, and such a spread of time frame in the hunt area. I see you are from RI, did you ever run into Bill Ladd out in the field?

No and i hope i never do.....

One of the biggest j*rks in the metal detecting industry..

Thanks for the reply



Blaze
:laughing7: :read2: :wink:
Been very well Johnny,
Getting a decent find per month or so, I'm happy with that :hello2:
I wish some of the lakes up here were down, That's one nice little spot to have nearby...
I see that copper piece has a broken loop on the other side too,
Likely bracelet piece with chain missing.
I'm gonna say that it's been a while since I got a Spanish too,
Maybe today is the day!
Congrats on your finds & Great Post! Best Digs, Herbie.
 
Nice finds! I like the planes. Does your partner take over the digging when your arms get tired?
 
That's a cute (and well-fed if I may add, hahaha...) JackRusell.

Love the old rusty fishing lures... but the clay pipe head tops everything.
Great finds.
 
I need to plan my future vacations at that lake. :sign13:
 
If you need a partner i could be persuaded lol great finds
 
WTg Blaze....Your killing that lake!
 
JB, if you would like some company out there I'd love to meet, shoot the sh*t and do some hunting. Just PM me.
Thanks.
John.
P.S. I'll leave my 2 Shephards at home :)
 
highnam said:
Wow that goose was banded 20 years ago! Might have fish and game scratching their heads. Makes you wonder what year that goose met its demise, and how it happened? I took me twenty years of duck hunting to shoot a banded duck! Really cool find.

Took me about 15 to get my one and only band. Nice Goose band. I bet there is a story behind it.
 
plymouthian12 said:
If you need a partner i could be persuaded lol great finds

Anytime man just let me know :coffee2:

I will be heading out to my cellars soon


Blaze
 
Buff4 said:
JB, if you would like some company out there I'd love to meet, shoot the sh*t and do some hunting. Just PM me.
Thanks.
John.
P.S. I'll leave my 2 Shephards at home :)

If you dont mind hunting cellars.....


Come on down :coffee2:


Blaze
 
Looks like you have quite the spot there to play on! if you dont mind me asking where in RI are you? Im fairly new to the forums and metal detecting itself but waiting for this undecided weather to break haha.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom