What's new

Back to the Mill site today, 8 more silvers and a killer button.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I invited CJON to come on down for the day. Figured there some be a few more keepers there. I was right, we had alot of fun. I winded up with 8 silvers, 1 being a 1876 seated dime.
And a great Rhode Island officers coat button. That was the find of the day for me. Chris had a good day, i will let him show you.
I believe the best is yet to come from this site!!! I didn't even get into the old section yet. Going to wait for some rain.
Enjoy the pics.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1440623552634.webp
    1440623552634.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 1440623563620.webp
    1440623563620.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 1440623576999.webp
    1440623576999.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 1440623589389.webp
    1440623589389.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 1440623599479.webp
    1440623599479.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 1440623616156.webp
    1440623616156.webp
    29 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 48
If you got out and hunted, you would be doing good. Stop working so much and come down!!

I HAVE to work! The welfare dept keeps telling me " No! ".
 
Man, what a beautiful dime George! Congrats!
 
Awesome button and dime congrats
 
Terrific digs!!! Great looking seated dime.
 
Looking like an untouched location! Way to go with the great finds! Go get some more!!! :occasion14:
 
State buttons from the Civil War are hard to find - and you found a very nice one! And thats a crazy volume of silvers you seem to have stumbled upon! Well done, Vino! :thumbsup:
 
That button is the find of the day indeed, thanks again for the fun day, I'm working on my video/post now
 
Another killer digging day George. The seated and the button are just awesome. Looking forward to what else you guys pull out of there.
 
Nice saves, sweet seated.
 
Looking like an untouched location! Way to go with the great finds! Go get some more!!! :occasion14:

Thanks Basque,
Not to many spots like that left!
 
State buttons from the Civil War are hard to find - and you found a very nice one! And thats a crazy volume of silvers you seem to have stumbled upon! Well done, Vino! :thumbsup:

Thanks Keith, the button was my best find today by far!
 
Another killer digging day George. The seated and the button are just awesome. Looking forward to what else you guys pull out of there.

Thanks Brad, cant wait to do some sifting like you!
 
That button is the find of the day indeed, thanks again for the fun day, I'm working on my video/post now

It was alot of fun!
Thanks for coming down.
Glad I didn't give you the CTX. LOL
 
About time you posted some old silver from that site! Way to go bud!!!
 
Beautiful RI button George. The other button is a CW Staff Officer button. Love the seated too. Good site there. Quite a range of finds.
 
Beautiful RI button George. The other button is a CW Staff Officer button. Love the seated too. Good site there. Quite a range of finds.

Thanks Steve, and thanks for the ID on the staff button.
 
What a nice range in the age of those finds, though you must have been a bit disappointed/surprised when the war nickels and Rosies turned up at a mill site. Was the place used for something else once the mill stopped operations?
 
Last edited:
Those are some really nice finds ! The Seated is awesome, great buttons also !!! Keep it coming ! HH
 
Sweet seated!!

One more hunt at that site and you'll find more silver at that one site then I've found all year. LOL

Congrats!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom