[BANNER FIND] FIRST EVER MERC

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FIRST EVER MERC 1919 Woo Hoo

I hunt at night mostly. So I felt a dime, stored it and continued my hunt. When I got started reviewing my finds at home, I started doing the happy dance. My wife must have thought I was having a seizure or something because I had already told her my rings from tonight were nothing special. Luckily, she didn't call 911. What I found in my pouch was a 1919 Merc, Worn down quite a bit, but at least I could read the date. Sorry my camera doesn't seem to have a Macro setting or I don't know how to use it. Less than desirable photo, but you get my drift. 1919 Merc, what more needs to be said. :-) Dang that was exciting. Can't wait to find some more.

:hello2::headbang:

Attachments

• First_Merc_Front.JPG
    First_Merc_Front.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 162
  • First_Merc_Back.JPG
    First_Merc_Back.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Upvote 3
Congrats on your Merc!

Anita

Congrats on your find. The Merc is one of the best looking coins ever minted.

I love your title, and more than that, I love an old MERC! Congrats.

I don't know how to select BANNER when posting or even if that's an option for me. Anyone feel like cluing me in, feel free.

I don't know how to select BANNER when posting or even if that's an option for me. Anyone feel like cluing me in, feel free.

BANNER is reserved for the spectacular, valuable, unique, rare, etc. A very small percentage of the finds made on here qualify to be put up there. You also cannot vote for yourself to make banner. If others feel that your find is banner worthy they can vote by clicking on the "nominate banner" icon on the top right of the post. Although any silver coin is exciting to find, and your first is something you will not soon forget, that does not make it a BANNER. Had your Merc been a 1916D then it would probably make it, but even then it is nothing you have control over as you can't vote for yourself.

Thank you for the explanation. I like a Democratic Process. I'll have to remember to vote.

BANNER is reserved for the spectacular, valuable, unique, rare, etc. A very small percentage of the finds made on here qualify to be put up there. You also cannot vote for yourself to make banner. If others feel that your find is banner worthy they can vote by clicking on the "nominate banner" icon on the top right of the post. Although any silver coin is exciting to find, and your first is something you will not soon forget, that does not make it a BANNER. Had your Merc been a 1916D then it would probably make it, but even then it is nothing you have control over as you can't vote for yourself.

Si Amigo, I'm Downtown Mariposa, Where HWY 140 and 49 Merge into one road for about a mile, also known as the Town of Mariposa. Should I make coffee? Are you dropping by?

nice merc :thumbsup: are you located near Highway 49 Mariposa , Cali ???

congrats on your find,I can just imagine your THRILL,,WTG:icon_thumleft:HH

Congrats!! May God bless our spouses for putting up with us and this infernal addicting hobby! Of course if my wife detected too she'd be competition...not good!

God bless our spouses for sure. We would never come back from our hunts if it wasn't for them.

Congrats!! May God bless our spouses for putting up with us and this infernal addicting hobby! Of course if my wife detected too she'd be competition...not good!

Mariposagold how do you night hunt? Same as day but by feel? Hell I have a hard time finding digs in full daylight. Just curious may have to try it some time. HH and congrats on the merc Im still looking for mine.

Putting a little silver in your pocket is always nice!:icon_thumright: Keep a hunting until you have a stack of them. Good luck.

sweet find!, my first was a merc also. Ive since found another 3. I too agree that they are probably one of the nicest coins ever minted. What machine are you using?

nice i love me some silver lol . you got to love finding it you know that bin siting in the ground a long time just waiting for you . theres more silver out there .you need to save them lol :laughing7:

Congrats on your merc. I promise It only gets better from here on out...............................HH :headbang:

nice find. i have found 2 mercury dimes so far in my young metal detecting life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back