What's new

Barber Quarter and a few Flat Buttons

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
14,518
Golden Thread
4
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a rain shortened hunt last Sunday. The plan was to explore the area where I left off last time in the house rubble mound. The house rubblee mound is a pile of bricks and rocks that slopes down to the cow pasture. Last summer, the farmer had scraped a small section down a few inches revealing several targets. Last time out, I pulled a suspender clip and a fancy Benedict & Burnham (1834-1843) flower button out of the same hole just before I left. Sunday I returned to the same spot and promptly dug a flat button right beside where I was last time. At this point I started removing dirt, bricks, and rocks to see what else might be under this rubble. I ended up with three buttons and a Barber quarter. So this makes 4 buttons, a suspender clip, and a barber quarter out of this little area. Since the surface hunting is drying up, I guess I will have to work a little harder.

Here are my diggings before I filled it in.
_20160321_091755.webp

The Barber Quarter was under this rock which had a root growing over it.
_20160321_091530.webp

When I located the quarter in the dirt beside my hole, this is what I saw. Most of the stuff from this site is mid-19th century, so I was hoping for a Seated or a Capped Bust.
IMG_20160320_140819750.webp

No such luck. Darn Barber!
IMG_20160320_140836862.webp

Sunday's take.
IMG_20160320_163913609.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
I had a similar feeling today... New permission, and all I could tell was the back of the coin... When I got home, there I was, at the Barber shop again, but heck, I like going there! I'll take a seat when I get tired of going there, which won't be any time soon!!!
 
Great extra effort to recovery the goodies! :occasion14:
 
Nothing wrong with that particular barber my man!! But I can fully understand that slight disappointment
 
Nothing wrong with that piece of silver!!! Cool find under a large rock!!! The only thing we find out this way under rocks are scorpions and snakes!
 
Nothing wrong with that piece of silver!!! Cool find under a large rock!!! The only thing we find out this way under rocks are scorpions and snakes!
We must leave no stone unturned :thumbsup:
 
That looks like a great coin to me. Nice job.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom