Basic signs and symbols you have found

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind input and observations :

I'd just like to point out that the predominant S/S on this quest are Triangles (Upright and upside down,) #3 (and variables thereof;) and the skull and bones (or skullbones.) Never thought I'd see em here. St. Francis of Assisi (apparently) was the patron saint of nature and/or animals....always seen him depicted with arms raised and palms open. Makes me wonder.

Ground0 said:
Thank you EVERYONE for your kind input and observations :

I'd just like to point out that the predominant S/S on this quest are Triangles (Upright and upside down,) #3 (and variables thereof;) and the skull and bones (or skullbones.) Never thought I'd see em here. St. Francis of Assisi (apparently) was the patron saint of nature and/or animals....always seen him depicted with arms raised and palms open. Makes me wonder.

Arms up, arms down, one up, both up, palms open, palms closed, holding birds, holding books, night time, day time, with skull, without skull, with catlick mojo, without catlick mojo. Most people are familiar with his garden statues (with birds, without skull). Choose your favorite. The important point for treasure hounds is that he founded the Franciscan Order, and these guys seem to have been involved in some interesting treasure raids back in the day. It's not news finding his statue in a garden area with bunnies at his feet. I'd be more alert if I found a 'T' carved on a rock myself.

never use simple logic for a complex problem

ex. your a fox, your hungry , really hungry, you see the chickens, but you dont know what to do , do you jump in a grab one and run,or do you go to the farmer and knock on his door...hmmm excuse me sir, not that I am really interested or anything , but just how do your chickens taste? hmmm are they luscious? hmm are they huh? hmmm..must be deliciousness...oh..my..such deliciousness abounding so near..yum...

note: if you are a fox, dont try to be a diplomat! better to hide in plain site...and come and go like a tourist...dress differently each time you go there.
rangler

Vatican coat of arms.jpg
pope coat of arms showing who holds the keys to the vault under the vatican containing
80% of the gold taken out of the western hemisphere for 300 years!
like kelly from married with children said....it woggles the mind!"

Attachments

• Vatican coat of arms.jpg
    Vatican coat of arms.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 901
tim said,
who i posted that on rope you are forgiven rangler( humor ) could they be distance and depth from foot
yea tony repeated your original suggestion and tony [tesoro dog] is right we all need to slow down a little lol !- meaning me!

good thinking on the D&D...I would not be a bit surprised if it is 3 varas away and 3 varas deep!! more than likely on the compass heading of the right foot.
this may be one of those that you just learn from, and let it go.. i have a few of those.
or might just give it all to them , so you can see the dig, and take just a single thing that
you could wear around your neck...better than nothing at all
think about it...
rangler
sank2_lg return and get it.gif
a duck means reverse right? but when he looks over his back what then mate? does the meaning still stay the same, or is it a double reverse?

see i am catching on to some of this just read power and secrets of the jesuits they didnt record anything important (mining) so it couldnt be traced back to them a wild guess i think it means double rev or the duck is going to constantly be chasing his tail

rangler said:
Thom congrats on 100k views!!

Thanks to all who help this thread with useful and insightful posts.

Happy Fathers Day to all !!
It's the Kids that make the passage of time so worthwhile. They fulfill our lives and give us a chance at some small type of immortality.
Being a parent is one of the most important jobs we have, They didn't give us a manual to get it done either.
I think most of us have managed quite gracefully.
Kudos guys.

The knots in the rope are about the vows that Franciscans take. Ground, I am not saying the symbols are not meaningful. almost all symbols are meaningful. lol. It would be so cool if it did end up being part of the plan so to speak.

Based on the reading I have done, the colonial Franciscians, right or wrongly, have a reputation of being rather...hmm..well having a mindset where martyrdom was something they thought about a lot, and honored a lot. Perhaps..even sought that martyrdom..but the lens of history is clouded on that. The particular use of a skull as as reminder of resurrection and the fleeting of life would not
surprise me if their supposed mindset was true.

Thanks so much for posting those grottoes, any close ups would be appreciated. Did you notice any bird symbols in those grottoes besides the owls?

If you look at the layout of the grottoes, statutes etc, I personally would keep in mind astronomical events and the traditional laying out of churches There are one or two strong traditions of alignments.

guys on the rope if i read the artical right the knot is to be tied around waist in front i see no knot rope is to side (same to you tom)

Thanks Buddy,
Just wanted to say it again (having recently lost my Dad in Feb)
Be sure to call or go see him or think of him in some way.

Used to call mine a couple times a week usually more.
The hardest part of my day is realizing it isn't a local call anymore.

So ...
for all you Dads and guys who have dads happy Fathers Day.
I won't be back till monday am off to work and then to see my son.
Kelly (daughter) called for an hour and a half earlier, and Clay will be here in the Morning for a few hours.
So I am gone for a while.

Best of luck to all...!

enjoy the off time thom and remember u didnt loose him hes right there beside you on every trail you follow

Came across a photo of what appears to be copy of the original. Colors included..........

Attachments

• map218.jpg
    map218.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 613
Wow..what a find TwistedFork.

I've been looking for that for a long time but only found segments. Never dreamed it was enhanced with color like that.

Thanks for sharing.

Something caught my eye......not sure if it is related but perhaps worth consideration.

See the square/diamond at the center of the bench with the lines coming off it..... and the square/diamond on the ground in front of the grotto.
also the curve at the top of the bench and the curve of the grotto. Wonder if they tie in somehow with the arrows and the lines coming off the square in the bench? Also the *hourglass design and the altar seem to align as well. It's as if the design of the bench and the layout of the grotto are related somehow.

coincidence :dontknow:

*Note, an inverted triangle over an upright one has symbolic significance, has nothing to do with an hourglass or the keeping of time.

bench.JPG

grotto.JPG

If the shrine dates back to Spain's occupation of the area, the use of the treasure signs by the church could have been a reminder to all who used/visited the shrine that the ultimate hearts desire (the heart) is eternal life -Treasure.
It may have been (not an unusual one) a method used by both Jesuit and Franciscan clergy to coerce tithes from the miners and ranchers in the area. The common ploy was to sell eternal life and forgiveness for a price.

The Catholic Church Still does it to some respect even today.

*Note, an inverted triangle over an upright one has symbolic significance, has nothing to do with an hourglass or the keeping of time.
correct GoodyGuy - nice to hear from you~!

the two opposing triangles harkens back to the era of forbidden knowledge...
simply stated...'so as above, so as below'.
also individually, the bottom triangle is 'male' and the top 'female'
and of course King Solomon overlaid the two to make his Seal of Solomon.
ie the Star of David. There are some very important information that goes with this
sign, if anyone has this lay out on the ground made with half buried rock,. pm me and
I will tell you what I found out about this symbol.
rangler

Thank you GoodGuy, Old Dog and rangler :

Correct me if I'm wrong please;

An upright triangle could mean the Phallus (male,) fire, or 120 degrees.

An upside down triangle could mean the Challis (female,) water, or 240 degrees.

desertmoons said:
To me I think there might be a Spanish sign or two or many on this older pic.
montana.jpg

Must be imagination though because the Spanish did not travel there.

Kim,
sorry this just got skipped over. shouldn't have but it did.

Might surprise you where the Spanish went.
Their monument trails have been documented in Canada of all places.

I don't know where else to put this. It was on yahoo newsreel today under optical illusions. It's pretty neat. Can you see all the bears in there?

Attachments

• wolves.jpg
    wolves.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 407
:laughing7: I stopped counting at 5. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back