ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"seeded bubble" as you call it is something else. Seeded glass(the correct term) is completely different than how that piece is made. The piece pictured is made with a pineapple mold(or possibly by over lapping cane that is twised in opposite directions). Seeded glass is made differently by either folding in bubbles into the glass, gathering over baking soda covered glass, or my preferred method where you mix kerosene into the furnace to make the whole pot bubbly. lots of fun and fire shooting out of the furnace with the kerosene.... most places WILL NOT let you do this in their furnaces lol.
The term is "Controlled bubble"... The seeded is not "my" term... just what others may / do call it.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The term is "Controlled bubble"... The seeded is not "my" term... just what others may / do call it.
controlled bubble for that one in photo yes, but seeded glass is not the correct term for that as it means something else. Trust me. You know your jewelry, I know my glass. I went to school for it and deal with it every day. I can make both styles myself, and have done so many times. I know hundreds of glass artists and they all call it as I do.

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC, here's a couple photos of the bowl. It is signed MVG for the Martha's Vineyard Glassworks where it was made by the main glassworker there. It is 5&1/2" across the top and 3&1/2" tall. It was given to me by a friend who worked at the MVG for a while.

3E03B094-6393-485F-9B30-B4CB68DF141D.jpeg
1FECB7DD-9348-4743-A849-606FA606C895.jpeg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All at once the thread went to glass and I was lost! I thought I had clicked on a different thread somehow😋 I love watching the bears. We have lots here in NEPA. I came home to one just a couple weeks ago.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All at once the thread went to glass and I was lost! I thought I had clicked on a different thread somehow😋 I love watching the bears. We have lots here in NEPA. I came home to one just a couple weeks ago.
Great bear pics, glass pics, not so much for the hairy legs in the pic.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure have to be careful living in your area :) BE SAFE !!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey booo booo......how bout a picnic basket !!:laughing7::laughing7: thats crazy gunsil !! Looks like he locked eyes 👀 for a second.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC, here's a couple photos of the bowl. It is signed MVG for the Martha's Vineyard Glassworks where it was made by the main glassworker there. It is 5&1/2" across the top and 3&1/2" tall. It was given to me by a friend who worked at the MVG for a while.

View attachment 2037942 View attachment 2037943
Actually not controlled bubble now that i see it up close, almost looks like murrini work. But might be made with a pineapple mould and powders.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread