Best dad in the world!

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got home from work today and the 10k in halves I had in my room were missing !!! I asked my dad if he knew where they went and he said, "Yeah, I took them up to the bank and cashed them in". I've been letting him crack the rolls with me and I guess he wanted to help out a little bit. Apparently he just showed up and asked if one of the tellers could help him carry them all in and put them in the machine hahaha. He said they just kept changing the bags out! I can't believe it!!!

Upvote 0

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome! I'm assuming that was 10k in ready dumps?

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They just accumulated in a big bin I have in my room. I've been too busy with work to have time to make dump runs. I didn't have them in bags or anything...

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats a lot of work, and a lot of coin lying around!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, $10,000 in one dump... let's not raise red flags!! still, that would be an amazing thing with 20 boxes of halves less for you to dump
did you find anything good?
hh
buff

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
How old are you that you have 10k just lying around and your dad does your dumps? If I left 10k lying around, my crh would be shut down.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
BuffaloBoy said:
old enough to have a job...

I cut grass starting at 7 years old. Over 30 now and still consider that a job because I worked my keister off so having a job doesn't say much in terms of age. I really could care less anyhow. I just got a kick out of his dad doing his 10k dumps that were in his room for him.

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, $10,000 in one dump... let's not raise red flags!! still, that would be an amazing thing with 20 boxes of halves less for you to dump
did you find anything good?
hh
buff

Definitely raised a red flag for sure if I had to guess...but most of the tellers around here know what the deal is anyways. People sometimes look at me funny when I walk in dumping $800-1200 worth. Never in my mind would I think about walking in with 10k:laughing7: My dad's on the hard headed side and has steel veins so he can care less. I'm so glad he did because my bankroll for hunting was all tied up and I have 4k to pick up tomorrow. Out of the 20 boxes I had, 15 of them were skunks and 4 of them had one or two in there. I had one box with 25...22 40%ers, 2 64s and a ben. That saved the week and I let my dad open that box with me. I think I got him hooked :)

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old are you that you have 10k just lying around and your dad does your dumps? If I left 10k lying around, my crh would be shut down.

24 and believe me I was shut down until those were cashed in. I need to open up another dump bank...the bank I'm currently dumping at has faulty machines and not enough branches

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
I would definitely split it up from now on. Anything over 10k gets a real hard look at partly because of the patriot act and the assumption that much cash is being used in illegal activity. Also, I believe banks may have requirements to report any transactions over 10k to the IRS regardless of how well they know you and what they think it is for. I know when we bought our last car and I was going to put down 11k cash, the dealer advised us not to due to the probing that would get following the transaction (well they actually just informed us and did not advise either way). Regardless of how legit the cash is and how easy it would be to prove, I just wouldn't want the headache of having to do so.

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir!

OP
OP
TRanegar36

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then my crh funds would be down! Lol :) I dont mind it...trying to save as much as possible so I dont have to rent out an apt. Id like to put a down payment on a house!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sounds like a nice set up to me Tranger. I got to live with my Dad for the last 7 years of his life and learned more then I did the first 30 years of mine. Enjoy every minute you can, I still miss my Dad everyday.

Happy hunting,
Charlie

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
In that case, sounds like a good plan. Good luck getting the house, still plenty of good buys out there. Btw- 10k should be plenty for a first house down payment.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Been working since I was 9 mowing lawns, and buying and selling. But where'd my money go (:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions